Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Annaul Fox News attack on Video Games Facepalm Event

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Once I heard "Liberal agenda" at the start I switched off, no change in foxes political stance since last I watch it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I turned it off after he said nuclear power is the safest form of energy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

"The parents don't know what's in these video games."

Maybe they should get up off of their arse and bother to check. My nephew's turning 7 and while his mother's side of the family don't really care enough to check or monitor what he's playing (He visits his dad/my brother on weekends and brings him here sometimes) I always make sure to monitor what type of games he's playing while he's at my house. But even then at the same time I've been around video games long enough to know I'm healthy enough to distinguish where fiction stops and reality begins. I remember buying Resident Evil 2 with my first communion money and I think I turned out okay so I try to be a bit liberal with what I let him play too, so long as it's not too graphic or over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

"It's also boring"
    You're scraping the bottom of the argument barrel with that one, good sir.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so if an evangelical preacher with ****tons of money bought the network that runs sesame street and had all the puppets preaching that the earth was created 6k years ago and that homosexuality was immoral.. you'd all be a-ok with this?

or is using the media to indoctrinate children only ok when it's something you agree with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I was confused why they kept showing a video of 'Flower'. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

so if an evangelical preacher with ****tons of money bought the network that runs sesame street and had all the puppets preaching that the earth was created 6k years ago and that homosexuality was immoral.. you'd all be a-ok with this?

or is using the media to indoctrinate children only ok when it's something you agree with?

one of these things is not like the other.

how are they not alike?

in both cases someone with a political/social idealogy is targetting children through the media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

how are they not alike?

in both cases someone with a political/social idealogy is targetting children through the media

No, not really.

That earth was created 6k years ago and that homosexuality was immoral are incorrect and at best a point of view.
    Anthropogenic global warming on the other hand is well documented and supported scientific theory.

Trying to compare them as like and like is dishonest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

sarumite wrote: »
    I was confused why they kept showing a video of 'Flower'. :confused:

They probably don't know that it wasn't actually the game in question though. I'm kinda surprised they didn't have Mortal Kombat playing in the background to up the shock factor.

• Advertisement

No, not really.

That earth was created 6k years ago and that homosexuality was immoral are incorrect and at best a point of view.
    Anthropogenic global warming on the other hand is well documented and supported scientific theory.

Trying to compare them as like and like is dishonest.

yeah, because that's the point here.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

What. The. Fúck.

That was the most ridiculous thing from fox ive ever seen, and thats saying a lot. Do these people not understand stupid they sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

EmacB wrote: »
    What. The. Fúck.

That was the most ridiculous thing from fox ive ever seen, and thats saying a lot. Do these people not understand stupid they sound?

Watch the Colbert report or the Daily show, if the news has anything to do with Obama then it's guaranteed to be a funny and retarded argument from the GOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

what an idiot...

Advertisement