Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shader 2.0

Options
  • 07-09-2011 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

My brother recently purchased a Farming Simulator game for my laptop but it says it can't run because it requires Shader 2.0. Is it possible to download this or update the graphics card without buying a new one? My laptop is about 2 years old so I'm surprised it can't support the game, I'd really appreciate any help!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If it's 2 years old, I'd be surprised if it didn't have some as old as SM 2.0 support. What video card is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

how do i find that out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager, under display adapters. Or possibly just system properties -> device manager depending on the windows version.

Mobile Intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

That does support SM 2.0, even up to 4.0.

• Advertisement

but do i have to download Shader 2.0 because when i install the game, it wont run because it requires it?

There's nothing to download, it's part of the hardware. The most you'd have to maybe do is update the drivers.

I think I've tried to do that through the device manager but it makes no difference, maybe I'm doing something wrong! Sorry to be so clueless

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can use this to check your drivers:
    http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

Have you tried any other games to test out your system? A Free2play or a demo of a fairly recent game should do.

Can you post the full system requirements of the game and those of your laptop?

Advertisement