If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What TV for sports 500~600 budget?

Options
  • 07-09-2011 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

What a good TV for sports 500~600 budget? I don't really know what to look for. I'm not keeping up with the tech.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi BostonB

Thanks for contacting us.

To start off with I guess the main question is what screen size do you want?

Have a looksee here at our websites TV section.

With your budget you could look at the Philips 42PFL3606H
    This is a 42" Full HD LCD TV and forms the foundation of our range.
    It offers 100,000:1 contrast ratio and is SAORVIEW certified (as are all our new range for that matter)

This TV comes in at €549.99

But I feel the better option considering you want to watch sport on it would be to look at our new 4 Series of TV's
    Start with the 37PFL4606H
    This is a 37" Full HD LCD TV and has better on board image processoring in the form of our Pixel Plus HD engine and features 400Hz Perfect Motion Rate with a 2ms response time

This TV comes in at €599.99

This TV is also available in 42" size called the 42PFL4606H for €699.99

This range is much more capable with motion handling over the 3 series TV's

Higher up the model range, say the 6 Series for instance, you start getting things like internet connectivity, LED Backlighting, more connectivity after that the sky is the limit:)

Anyway have a look at our website and if you see anything that takes your fancy let me know as I'm sure I can do you a great price on what ever you choose.

Also feel free to call in and have a demo of the various TV's, we are happy to take you through them.

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Will call in hopefully see the difference. TBH I dunno about size. Doesn't viewing distance dictate that to some degree. I assume the viewing distance will be between 3 to 5m. What screen size would be best at that? I don't think they want a huge telly. THanks for all the detail. Exactly what I was looking for.

Hi Again

Your correct in saying veiwing distance can influence the TV size but everyone is different.

Between 3 and 5mtrs - thats covers 37" to 50"plus screen sizes:D

I'd say a 32" maybe a little small but then again not everyone wants a big TV.

We have a good few 32" screen sizes to have a look at as well

call in and I'll take you through the options - it will be easier to decide whch screen size will best suit when you see them in the flesh.

Cheers
    As

Haven't had a chance to call in yet. Plasma or LED, LCD?

Hi there

The TV's I listed above are LCD models.

Philips dont produce any Plasma TV's but we do have a wide range of LED TV's further up the range - check our website www.philipsshop.ie
    The LED TV ranges are the 5, 6,& 7 ranges at the moment

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

So it mainly an issue of cost then. Rather than response for sport.

I was looking at LED's and while brighter they seemed a little unrealistic in terms of colour.

Hi again

LED edge/back-lit LCD TV's do tend to make up the middle to top of the range TV's - and tend to come in at a higher price point than the standard CCFL lit LCD TV's

With Philips its only the 3 and 4 series of TV's that are regular LCD models - the rest are LED backlit types.

As far as unnatural colours go I'd say the examples you may have seen were not set up properly - possibly left on their factory settings, designed to catch your eye from a cross a showroom - we change our display TV's from that straight away - it benefits the image hugely.

like everything else there is good and bad examples out there - theres a lot of factors that go hand in hand to produce an image on a TV's and the type of backlighting is just one part of that equation.

Call in and I'll take you through the range

Atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.