Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Batteries

• 07-09-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

I have 2 watches and my car key in pieces on my kitchen table. Can anybody tell me where in limerick i can get my hands on some watch batteries for a reasonable price?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

JJ Kenellys(sp) on Wickham Street. Cheapest in town.

€7 for the battery

Other places charge around €15

Fitting is free so leave them with them because I managed to make sh*t of a watch trying to do it at home. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

Thanks but I wouldnt call €7 reasonable. You can get a pack of 2 in argos for around €5.60

Goofy wrote: »
    Thanks but I wouldnt call €7 reasonable. You can get a pack of 2 in argos for around €5.60

I know that you wouldn't believe how many different types of batteries there are out there. I had 4 different watches. Also the watch removal kit can be around €15 as well so..................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I have 2 watches and my car key in pieces on my kitchen table. Can anybody tell me where in limerick i can get my hands on some watch batteries for a reasonable price?

I guess you answered your own query there. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

phog wrote: »
    I guess you answered your own query there. ;)

But i need three different types. Argos only stock two

• Advertisement

But i need three different types. Argos only stock two

Like I said many different types so either ebay it or go to a Jewellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

fee bay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

The 2 euro shops all stock cards of button cell batteries. These usually have watch batteries in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

currys william st, maybe too expensive also

as mentioned above flea bay is the cheapest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

there are some over on adverts.ie, boards sister site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

Faing wrote: »
    The 2 euro shops all stock cards of button cell batteries. These usually have watch batteries in them.

Thats where I get them too - there are approx 20 batteries on a card, about 5 different sizes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

georgem25 wrote: »
    Thats where I get them too - there are approx 20 batteries on a card, about 5 different sizes

Using the wrong size battery is very bad for the watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Using the wrong size battery is very bad for the watch.
    I don't think he meant that you use the wrong size battery, I think he meant that you get lots of batteries of different sizes on a card for 2 euro. You usually get AG1, AG3, AG4 which are watch size batteries and also a selection of other sizes. My original point was that if you buy a card of batteries from the 2 euro shop you would get more than one battery.

Advertisement