Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL MMA

Options
  • 07-09-2011 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

I'm in first year and I'd like to join the club. I'm just wondering if there's an MMA specific class or is it all Kickboxing? And in terms of competition, do ye take part in full/semi contact competitions? Without headguards? Just wondering, because that's what I'm interested in tbh.

I've trained martial arts for years full contact, hence my interest in getting competitive. This being the case, would ye recommend me joining the beginners or advanced class (sorry if that comes off as arrogant).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

UL MMA club is dead and looks unlikely to be revived any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

UL MMA club is dead and looks unlikely to be revived any time soon.

That's sad to hear. So no MMA options to speak of on campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jk536

i started last year in the college and was in a similar position as yourself.trained for 3 years in mma,stopped for a couple because of job,injury ect. There is no mma club in the collage but there is different clubs to tie you over.I pretty sure a bjj club started last year(there was a thread on here about it),a boxing club has started this year with the first class next week.I did the krav maga last year for a few weeks but was too self defence based for me coming from mma.There are also more traditional disiplines there too.
    Seperate from the college there is a pretty decent mma/bjj club on the dock road(i think thats the name of the street),the name escapes me at the minute but a google should find it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

jk536 wrote: »
    i started last year in the college and was in a similar position as yourself.trained for 3 years in mma,stopped for a couple because of job,injury ect. There is no mma club in the collage but there is different clubs to tie you over.I pretty sure a bjj club started last year(there was a thread on here about it),a boxing club has started this year with the first class next week.I did the krav maga last year for a few weeks but was too self defence based for me coming from mma.There are also more traditional disiplines there too.
    Seperate from the college there is a pretty decent mma/bjj club on the dock road(i think thats the name of the street),the name escapes me at the minute but a google should find it for you.

Thanks for the info. You're probably on about the Combat Sports Centre. Thanks for your help!

Advertisement