Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small q

Options
  • 07-09-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

im registering for the first time tomorrow but havent paid any of the 2000 reg fee yet,will i still get my student card tomorrow or are they going to hold onto it? kind regards :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 redvelvet

i'm not 100% sure about this, but from what I know you dont have to pay until January. Havent paid mine but they still gave me my card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Isn't it you pay half (€1079) by September 11th and the other half sometime in January? I think, open to correction. They'll give you your card anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Conor108 wrote: »
    Isn't it you pay half (€1079) by September 11th and the other half sometime in January? I think, open to correction. They'll give you your card anyway.

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is right, you can pay "per semester", so paying half will cover you for the first semester, and then you only have to pay the rest at the start of the second semester.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Yep, you can definitely pay by half! However, if you haven't paid the semester's fees, they'll put a hold on your account which means you won't be able to access your results until you pay your fees. Of course, as the results come out in January, there's no real hurry to pay it until then (I think!).

You can request a bank giro online and pay it that way, it's not instant like Credit Card but it's a convenient way of doing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yep, you can definitely pay by half! However, if you haven't paid the semester's fees, they'll put a hold on your account which means you won't be able to access your results until you pay your fees. Of course, as the results come out in January, there's no real hurry to pay it until then (I think!).

You can request a bank giro online and pay it that way, it's not instant like Credit Card but it's a convenient way of doing it!
    Don't they also refuse to print your student card till your fees are paid?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Raphael wrote: »
    Don't they also refuse to print your student card till your fees are paid?

I'm not sure. When I got my student card last year I didn't need to show proof of having paid fees, although maybe it came up on the system. And I am staying on campus residence this year so I got a brand new student card (I now have two!) and they didn't ask for proof of fee payment (apart from the accommodation payment), they just handed it to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I know in the past I've gone to get mine and been told that they couldn't print it as my fees hadn't gone through - I've never had to prove it either, but there might be a hold on your account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

No, when I was in first year, I didn't get any of my reg fees paid until April (long, local-authority-grant related story, still makes me angry) and I got my student card and I got my Semester 1 exam results.

I also got a letter from UCD about it but that was it.

Advertisement