Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Much To Charge?

Options
  • 07-09-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I've been asked to record a conference over the course of 3 days. It will be around 4 hours the first day,6 the second day and around 8 on the last. I will be supplying my camera and gear for the shoot. It is a static camera shoot aswell so It'll just be left up on the tripod. The customer wants me to make DVD's of the conference aswell.

Can someone help me out with a possible price for all this? I dont know what to charge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Decide what you want to charge per hour, multiply by amount of hours for the filming, editing and printing to disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bennz

25 hours X 20 euro= 500euros Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

bennz wrote: »
    25 hours X 20 euro= 500euros Happy Days

Would that include the price of the dvds or should I charge extra for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

I charge materials and consumables at cost in addition to my hourly rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bennz

If your going to print the disc and sleeve charge another 20 for 5 copies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭NealB

Chavways wrote: »
    4 hours the first day,6 the second day and around 8 on the last.

Another way to look at is 4 hours is a half day, anything over is a full day. So you have 2.5 days. I would arrive at a figure by deciding what you charge for yourself and add what your kit is worth. 500 seems a bit low even for a beginner (which I guessing you are if you don't have rates), you're only making 200 a day. I'd go for 250 to 300 a day (x2.5) and add your time in post for the DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

on wrote: »
    no !you want !Every child knows manga. Why they are so accepted and what are the manga comics or the coolest characters. Manga and Comics in Japan Komikku are accepted based on an appropriate aesthetic developed in 1870.

I think you have the wrong forum

Advertisement