Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Music Practical Help

• 07-09-2011 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So this year I will be doing my Music Practical , and I'm going to play and sing 4 pieces on guitar for honours . I want to find out a few things from past students / students in 3rd year doing music : is you graded for your singing and playing, or is there one predominant part? and if so, what mistakes / mess ups would bring down your score? Appreciate any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mark !

Really? Nobody at all??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

I'm sure that your music teacher will advise to the best course of action you but you have some choices depending on whether your voice or guitar is stronger.

1. voice accompanied by guitar marked only on voice.
    2. voice accompanied by guitar marked only on guitar.
    3. examine 2 guitar and the other two on voice.

clunked wrote: »
    I'm sure that your music teacher will advise to the best course of action you but you have some choices depending on whether your voice or guitar is stronger.

1. voice accompanied by guitar marked only on voice.
    2. voice accompanied by guitar marked only on guitar.
    3. examine 2 guitar and the other two on voice.

Okay thanks, when do you have to decide on this is it just tell the examiner on the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Yes you can choose on the day of the practical exam but again your teacher will advise you as to the best option in order to gain the maximum marks. One hint, choose pieces that you like and you will find the practise easier!

clunked wrote: »
    Yes you can choose on the day of the practical exam but again your teacher will advise you as to the best option in order to gain the maximum marks. One hint, choose pieces that you like and you will find the practise easier!

Okay thanks for the help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement