Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC vs iPhone

Options
  • 07-09-2011 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭

Which is the better buy?

I am aware that there is a new iPhone 5 out in October and it will most likely have the usual music storage advantages you would expect of something that has evolved from the iPod, but the HTC has a very good 8 megapixel camera.

What are people's thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Not another one of these threads. The iPhone5 isn't out, there have been no reviews, nobody knows what its going to be like. What if it doesn't work right and they have to give people free rubber bands to improve the signal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Not another one of these threads. The iPhone5 isn't out, there have been no reviews, nobody knows what its going to be like. What if it doesn't work right and they have to give people free rubber bands to improve the signal

OK, thanks for that.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

Which HTC? Can't make a comparison between a brand and a product(iPhone).

The top-end Android handsets from HTC and Samsung are way ahead of the iPhone hardware wise. The iPhone would have a slightly nicer UI, and in general has a better range of top-end apps. That gap is closing every day, however. There's f-all customisation options with iOS(compared to Android) unless you jailbreak it.

While the Music player on the iPhone is nice, iTunes is awful. With any other phone, you have a multitude of ways to transfer music to it.

You mentioned a the HTC having a good camera - Nokia's N8 has the best camera around(if you really need a good camera)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Whilst i personally prefer HTC over Apple...... i'm not so sure about their track record when it comes to Cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gearheart

I bought an HTC Hero a year and a half ago because of the customisation with the user interface, there are 7 fully customisable home screens with plenty of widgets available from the Android Market. In my own opinion, the HTC music player is every bit as good as iPhone's, the camera is probably on par with it, the only difference is you have alot more options with the Android OS straight out of the box, however the iPhone integrates everything very smoothly so I wouldn't rule it out, it all depends what you're looking out of a phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Which is the better buy?

I am aware that there is a new iPhone 5 out in October and it will most likely have the usual music storage advantages you would expect of something that has evolved from the iPod, but the HTC has a very good 8 megapixel camera.

What are people's thoughts?

I wouldn't call having to go suffer itunes an advantage :confused:

i assume the OP is looking at the sensation, it's a top-notch phone but is just a little too big for my liking (hence i went for the desire s). if that's the market your looking at, don't forget the sam galaxy II - the screen is better than the sensation and the camera picture quality is slightly better too.

HTC have a Titan coming too which has an emphasis on it's camera (has a dedicated camera button - only took 4 years of suggestions!) but it's a windows mobile 7 device, which is still in it's infancy.

Which HTC? Can't make a comparison between a brand and a product(iPhone).
    theteal wrote: »
    i assume the OP is looking at the sensation, it's a top-notch phone but is just a little too big for my liking (hence i went for the desire s).

That must be the one. It is available in two sizes.

I think really the main requirement is a good camera. This is where the iPhone falls down, having a relatively average 5 megapixels. I am also sceptical over brand and marketing and do my best to avoid products from corporations like Apple, as I have had many iPod's in the past and found them to be poor quality and feel most of the stuff they produce is of little substance and mainly aimed at image conscious people.

That must be the one. It is available in two sizes.

nope, just the one size - have a look here

the smaller (nicer imo :D) one that looks very similar is the desire s - 5mp camera

theteal wrote: »
    the smaller (nicer imo :D) one that looks very similar is the desire s - 5mp camera

What makes it nicer?

It's definitely not a runner anyway due to its 5mp camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭kyote00

If you want to be a sheep buy the iPhone :-)

Down with that sort of thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykp3sVW5l2k&feature=related

• Advertisement

What makes it nicer?

It's definitely not a runner anyway due to its 5mp camera.

i prefer the size and the uni-body build of the desire s. otherwise it looks very, very similar to the sensation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

The number of megapixel a camera in a phone has really has little to do with the quality of the photograph, particularly when you are at 5+, increasing the number of pixels on such a small sensor is likely going to increase the noise, thus reducing the benefit of increased pixel number. I would be more interested in seeing photos that the camera took, particularly in low light settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

No contest, HTC is not Apple, so it wins...... Can't stand the arrogance of Apple people.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,135 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I have the Desire which is a bit old at this stage, but the camera on it isn't great. On top of that the clear plastic part of the back cover that covers the lense gets very dirty (have seen this on other desires too), so I just end up having to take the back cover of the phone off when taking a photo.

Any iPhone pictures i've seen are a lot better. Dunno what the newer HTC's are like for photos though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

BarryM wrote: »
    No contest, HTC is not Apple, so it wins...... Can't stand the arrogance of Apple people.

:D

Pot and kettle

Advertisement