Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

show jumping

Options
  • 07-09-2011 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

whats the min an adult is allowed to jump im only starting out and as nervous as hell but i still wanna do it my horse is 16hands nice and quiet but id love to start show jumoing i know little about it any body help im in killarney

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

You can jump whatever height you are comfortable! Don't force yourself to keep going higher before you are ready, many people start jumping as adults.

Competitions (which you probably won't be doing until you have a few lessons first anyway) can vary and usually, riding school competitions go from starter stakes up to 1m 10 or 20... adults can be in any class they want. Don't worry about height, just keep to what you want to jump before moving up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Do the sportsman classes. Lowest is 50-60. They go on at loads of shows. Usually €10 and you don't need to be registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

A lot of yards run mini/midi/maxi competitions and the mini would probably suit you as it is 70 or lower I thing.

Advertisement