Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company deny services

Options
  • 12-09-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a little advice from your experiences.

I am the owner of an xbox360 console my third one. At this moment I have two working consoles in the house one in the main room of the house which I use and the second belongs to my son bought by me. I have paid for all content on both machines.

During last week, new content was released by a third party company which I bought for both machines.

I play one of these Saturday morning 3-9-11 for the first time on my main machine briefly went out for the day and when I came back I found that my console was banned from connecting to the Xbox live network with a message that I had broken terms of service.

Now the terms of service are very vague.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/consoleban

But I am sure I have not broken any of the rules listed there.

I contacted customer services and they say they cannot look into this but I must have broken one of their rules and I have no recourse. I didn't except this and asked to speak to a senior rep who called me the next day who again told me they could not tell me what was done wrong and again I have no recourse.

Now there is two things here I have an account with MS(MicroSoft) which I pay in advance 60 euros a year, this was not banned and they confirmed they will still take my subscription when it come due automatic.

Secondly they have just banned my unit to connect their network and told me I would have to buy a new unit.

MS have ignored my post to their support forum and I have tried emailing their head of security with no response.

I have a fair idea where MS have made a mistake it lies in the fact I have two consoles in the house and content been transfared between the two consoles even though the content was paid for both consoles they feel content was illegally put onto one console.

My problem is MS wont engage with me other then telling me to buy a new console.

Other info here

From the general Terms and conditions for xbox on their site: http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/Legal/xboxcomTOU

Quote:
    If you live in or your business is incorporated outside of the United States of America all claims, including claims regarding consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort, will be subject to the laws of the country in which you reside and the courts in the country in which you reside will have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes arising out of or relating to this contract.

1>If you have made it this far is this something the small claims court would look into even with a company as big as MS?

2>And how would I go about this?

sorry for the big post and the there is more info on this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056377481
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement