Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diaz Dumped - Condit In

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Diaz is a tube, I was genuinely very excited for this fight, thought it would have been a great scrap. If Diaz isn't going to bother promoting the fights, this is the right call, why should he get paid to fight for the biggest belt in his weight, get bonuses, sponsors, ppv numbers etc. if he does not contribute to the build-up and generate interest.

As someone joked on another thread, he's probably on drugs. That or a family issue, I suppose, but you could excuse that if he kept everyone in the loop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭FrankAmazing

FUCKING. GUTTED.

http://uk.ufc.com/ < stream online now, White says Diaz sneaked out of the back of Cesar Gracie's house, this is very curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

weemcd wrote: »
    http://uk.ufc.com/ < stream online now, White says Diaz sneaked out of the back of Cesar Gracie's house, this is very curious

sound was terrible couldnt hear a thing. will the full video be up on the site later?

• Advertisement

sonic85 wrote: »
    sound was terrible couldnt hear a thing. will the full video be up on the site later?

I'm not sure if they put press conferences up afterwards, id say there might be highlights on mmafighting.com and some individual interviews - which will probably more interesting tbh, the sound was awful on mine too, shame :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Don't like this decision at all purely on the timing issue of it. Fight is about 7 weeks away and now Jackson's have to come to some arrangement about how they are going to work this fight but the fight is pretty close and GSP's training camp has been started and same with Condits (for his original fight with Penn) and now messing around has to be done with the coaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

unknown13 wrote: »
    Don't like this decision at all purely on the timing issue of it. Fight is about 7 weeks away and now Jackson's have to come to some arrangement about how they are going to work this fight but the fight is pretty close and GSP's training camp has been started and same with Condits (for his original fight with Penn) and now messing around has to be done with the coaches.

Greg Jackson says he won't train either of them for the fight. http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/09/07/greg-jackson-wont-train-with-either-gsp-or-condit-in-preparatio/

It must mess with their heads a little bit though, having their camps/strategies flipped upside down like that. At least it didn't happen even closer to the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

That sucks big time! Was really looking forward to the fight.

Ironically, Diaz' problem is likely due to the fact that he can't smoke weed in the build up to the fight. Anxiety is a bitch to deal with!
    Hope he's ok & the UFC don't dump him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

sonic85 wrote: »

Here's the link to the full press conference.
    http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-137-special-pc?condit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Now, i'm not basing this on any sort of fact anything substantial........

but this has a feeling like one of those Brian Ebersole-esque situations. Where Condit is just another name in the mix one day and a couple of months later he becomes World Champion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Video posted by Diaz....apparently its the UFC trying to save money by cutting the fight rather than him acting all Mr T(I ain't gettin on no god damn plane fool!)

http://bjpenn.com/news/2011/09/07/video-nick-diaz-addresses-the-fans-and-talks-about-his-withdrawal-from-gsp-fight-4299.html

Diaz poses a video response. Least he explains everything, and saves some face in this very informative video... nah I'm joking, this is an incoherent mumbling oddity where he explains next to nothing. Lad has a huge chip on his shoulder from what I can tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I didn't hear any of that (edit: This was in response to Devestator). I just heard him talk about the fact he was offered "the same or more" money to fight GSP than he would have boxing.

The guy's an idiot!

Here it is for anyone who needs it embedded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

I honestly can't believe the fights canceled. I presume Diaz was just being his usual self pushing the boat out seeing what he could get away with, he's missed press conferences before. But DW the disciplinarian obviously wasn't up for any **** and pulled him. I wonder if DW could of issued Diaz with an ultimatium privately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I bet Jon Fitch is delighted with the switch.
    i'm expecting his twitter to light up soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Xlami wrote: »
    I honestly can't believe the fights canceled. I presume Diaz was just being his usual self pushing the boat out seeing what he could get away with, he's missed press conferences before. But DW the disciplinarian obviously wasn't up for any **** and pulled him. I wonder if DW could of issued Diaz with an ultimatium privately.

Unfortunately as that video shows Diaz has the mental capacity of a child. You have to use a firmer hand when dealing with someone like Diaz.

He showed up to press conferences before [for the Frank Shamrock fight. Which gave us the photo of Diaz flipping off Frank as Frank was going for a handshake]

This was the biggest moment of Diaz's career. The guy spent years complaining about his pay, calling out GSP and saying GSP was scared of him,etc. Now's he's flushed it all down the toilet just so he can keep playing Rebel without a clue. Diaz is 28. Its time for him to grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Gracie's response has been very interesting. He says he's fed up covering for Diaz and Dana was completely correct in his actions.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Very dissapointing, this was the last possible GSP match up that I found exciting .

The only upside is that we should get a pretty good 'don't be scared homie' meme out of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Very dissapointing, this was the last possible GSP match up that I found exciting .

The only upside is that we should get a pretty good 'don't be scared homie' meme out of this.

Really? Im delighted to see Condit get a title shot. Cant remember his last boring performance

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pauldoo

i think its a better fight than the diaz one, Condit is a better fighter and i think has a better chance, looking forward to it, wasnt too bothered about pillow hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

I don't get this, the guy has the chance to go to go out and beat one of the legends of the sport, then he goes and ****s it up over some petty spat. There are hundreds of talented welterweights out there that would kill for an opportunity like this without the egotistical bull****.

What a ****tard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I'd be fairly annoyed at White if I had bought a ticket for this. The Diaz/GSP fight was much more interesting than the Condit fight. I'd say the people that did buy tickets because they wanted to see Diaz fight probably couldn't care less about press conferences.

I wonder if they're offering refunds for ticket holders?

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    I'd be fairly annoyed at White if I had bought a ticket for this. The Diaz/GSP fight was much more interesting than the Condit fight. I'd say the people that did buy tickets because they wanted to see Diaz fight probably couldn't care less about press conferences.

I wonder if they're offering refunds for ticket holders?

i think there is someone on this forum goin,poor guy,doubt he's a happy bunny

Anyone put off by the change of fighter can return their tickets, Dana White mentioned that fairly early in the press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ayoung

pauldoo wrote: »

I have tickets for this, I was always going to Vegas just so happened that the event was on. I paid more then I intended to but I am still really excited to be going. I will not be availing of the refund being offered.

I think they will add someone good to face BJ and it is still looking like a stacked card.

Make sure you keep an eye out for me in the crowd.....I'll be the un happy bunny in the nose bleed section

pauldoo wrote: »

lol, WTF
    The whole card is great, Conduit fight should be just as good, if not better.
    I'd love to be going to this event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Diaz is a tool, missing 3 flights and being a mumbling idiot in his video!

looks like he got a second chance though: BJ vs Diaz now though!!

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-137-fight-card-updates?137

• Advertisement

He's blessed tbh, hopefully he has some sense and notices that
    I also think the way Cesar Gracie responded the situation was excellant and is one of the factors that has him still in the UFC

the 2 main fights are better now, much more interesting, looking forward to diaz and bj, should be class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

This can be good for Diaz.

Strong victory against BJ Penn could really hype the fight with GSP possibly another Toronto show next year. If he loses then we see the standard he was at wasn't the highest and will need a few more UFC bouts.

Reported that Diaz was being paid 2 Million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

GSP V Condit is awesome...much better than Diaz.... GSP will be forced to scrap it out...hope he knocks out Condit...probably with a counter to a spinning flying condit ninja split kick or something.

Penn v Diaz is an amazing Match up..... pure MMA boxing.... IF Penn's cardio, speed and timing is there he'll finish by tko.... second round.

Stacked card...Kongo v Nutbag is gona be great as well.

Hope Crocop beats fatlad....even though I like fatlad

Advertisement