Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non fertile bull

• 07-09-2011 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

i bought a PBR bull at special society sales in spring. he was running with batch heifers and none incalf.
    have i any recourse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

ring the society in question, get a local ai station to test the bull to see if he is fertile ... might be no harm to ring the seller and let him know the story, we bought a lim bull years ago that was infertile, we got pg to test him , we swapped him with the seller for another one , a good few years ago so cant remember the exact details, but i am sure you are not happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

i bought a PBR bull at special society sales in spring. he was running with batch heifers and none incalf.
    have i any recourse
    How did it take so long to find out that he was infertile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

could be a tricky one, id agree with whelan best get on to the society first and see where you stand,
    how long was he running with them ..... recently enough or for a few months???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

The Charolais Soc have a fertility scheme in place at the Soc sales if I recall correctly.
    Probably best advice to contact the relevant Society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭David brown

he was bought at last of the spring sales. on outfarm put with heifers.never seen him working but was told he served. only realised when got them scanned. thanks 4 advice whelan1,will act on ur advice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

he was bought at last of the spring sales. on outfarm put with heifers.never seen him working but was told he served. only realised when got them scanned. thanks 4 advice whelan1,will act on ur advice

Always a good idea to keep a close eye on a new younger bull, particularly one thet has been overfed for sale. Work can be a big shock to the system!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i remember we got a call from a lad to say he hadnt seen a bull we sold him serve any heifer, we said to get them scanned turned out they where all in calf:D he must have been working under cover of darkness. What age was the bull? what breed, some people say it takes longer for some breeds to mature

Advertisement