Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Post bikes

• 07-09-2011 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hi, I spotted an interesting one earlier... DB cycles in Athlone had a selection of secondhand Postmans bikes for sale outside there shop today. They might be of interest to some.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Donie75 wrote: »
    Hi, I spotted an interesting one earlier... DB cycles in Athlone had a selection of secondhand Postmans bikes for sale outside there shop today. They might be of interest to some.

Any idea what price they were?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Donie75

No, I just drove past while they were sitting outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Postvox

Actually those are bikes currently in use by the postman and woman at the An Post mails office in Athlone, just in here on repair and being stored outside the shop. Thanks for noticing though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Aside of the fact that they're not for sale I think they're very much a fit for purpose bike. I don't really fancy the idea of a small front wheel for overall stability.

On the other hand if you're using it for doing your shopping run about the village or accompanying the kids to school with their bags loaded on your bike it must be a great piece of kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Postvox wrote: »
    Actually those are bikes currently in use by the postman and woman at the An Post mails office in Athlone, just in here on repair and being stored outside the shop. Thanks for noticing though :)

Ya big tease! :D

The same thing happened to me in Bray a few months back. I was walking down Quinsboro Road and spotted a lovely old Pashley post bike on the rack outside the bike shop, but when I inquired inside I heard it was just in for repairs before returning to its rounds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement