Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calling All Classic FIAT Car Fans

• 07-09-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Weekend gathering in the connemara coast hotel Galway starting friday the 23rd to the 25th Agreat gathering of classic Fiats in a great venue with a run on sat into the Clare countryside come along :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭500man

Anyone going to this weekend didnt know there was something for the fiat brigade :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

ever hold anything more... liester based ??

do polish fiats count ? kocham cie 126p :)

Isuppose it started life as a Fiat so i sure you would be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fiatgirl

when is next one???

Same weekend this year details to follow later on , first fiat gathering this year will be at the Durrow show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

How about a Seat Ibiza MK1, it has the same 903 engine as a 127 in it....;)

Thought that was a kind of porsche engine ? Seat was a part of Fiat in the past Malaga was a kind of regatta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

500man wrote: »
    Thought that was a kind of porsche engine ? Seat was a part of Fiat in the past Malaga was a kind of regatta

"Styled by Giugiaro, Engineered by Porsche." It was one of their big ad slogans. I doubt Porsche had a lot to do with it, but the name got peoples attention nonetheless. I remember the ads ran for a few weeks with the cars being driven through a desert like scene in Spain with various flags draped over them, they only showed what the car looked like after a few weeks of this.

Reminds me of the Isuzu Piazza, "handling by Lotus", they had it written somewhere on the back of the car IIRC. Speaking of which, one car they never built but should have was the Piazza covertible.

PiazzaConvertible85s.jpg

The bigger engines were called 'System Porsche' but I suspect it was more of a marketing exercise than anything else.
    The 903cc engine in mine was lifted straight from the 127 it seems.
    The car it self is a crossover of Fiat and VW bits with the Fiat engine and VW trim parts like switchgear and door handles.

bijapos wrote: »

Reminds me of the Isuzu Piazza, "handling by Lotus", they had it written somewhere on the back of the car IIRC. Speaking of which, one car they never built but should have was the Piazza covertible.

Wasn't the Piazza just a Vauxhall Chevette with a pretty hat on? IIRC the running gear was the exactly the same. If anyone has a scrapped Turbo Piazza let me kno....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The first gen Ibiza was a derivative of the Fiat Ritmo and close cousin of the Malaga.

In their earlier time they made all the early fiats 600 124 131 and had a rally car in the shape of a 124 with an 1800 16v engine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

p6117520.jpg
    something like this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

alias no.9 wrote: »
    The first gen Ibiza was a derivative of the Fiat Ritmo and close cousin of the Malaga.

The first gen Ibiza 903 was 127/Uno based.
    The 1.2/1.5 engines were the System Porsche designs
    The Seat Ronda was based on the Ritmo
    seat-ronda.jpg

Advertisement