Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Hacked

Options
  • 07-09-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi

Not sure it this is the right place so mods move if necessary.

I just checked my online banking and seen there was 6 transactions on my credit card. they were for amazon.com for the amount of 28.95 6 times.

Ive called my bank and cancelled my credit card. I rang amazon and they say there was no transaction and they last thing i bought was in May which is correct.

Have anyone else had this happen to them?

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

What did your credit card company say?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

They just cancelled my card and forward it to the fraud team.
    which in time will refund the money

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Your card has been scammed somewhere. Check back as to where you have used it over the past while.

Amazon would have little to do with it - generally scammers will make purchases online if they are not cloning your card.

Also check if to see if there are very small purchase - perhaps even a cent. That's usually when they are testing the card number.

If it was Amazon then unless it was a download it would have been to a physical address.

Finally, 6 times with the exact same amount sounds like somebody making an transaction error. Obviously check to make sure you or yours didn't make the first purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Best thing to do is talk to your bank.

I had an "interesting" issue with my Laser card about a year ago. Someone cloned it and had a lots of fun at my expense (though I got it all back from the bank)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Liberalbrehon

I had my credit card hacked very recently. Also another member of extended family had their card hacked. What was curious was we both had the following transaction on the card. Eflow.Ie Watch out for this on your card. Other transactions on the card were
    Rezidor Hotel Giftcard x 2
    Lycamobile Ireland Lim and
    Bus Eireann (web)

What I really would like to know is whether the gardai fraud squad are brought into these investigations or does the credit card company just write them off, which they did for me thankfully. It's like getting mugged. I'd like to know if any effort is done to find the thieves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

You are insured and will be refunded by your bank so no worries. As mentioned below your full liability is no more than 75 euro.
    Loss or misuse of a Card
    20. You will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of the Card. If you think someone else knows your PIN, or if your Card is lost, copied, mislaid, stolen, used, or likely to be used, for a fraudulent or improper purpose, you must contact us immediately. Our contact details are set out in the "Contacting us" section of these Conditions. We may request that you confirm the same in writing to us, but without affecting the validity of any action taken by us in response to your telephone call.
    21. Notification of loss or theft of a Card will be accepted by us from card protection service organisations.
    22. By reporting a Card as lost, copied, mislaid or stolen or as being used, or likely to be used, for a fraudulent or improper purpose, you will be deemed to have thereby authorised us to cancel that Card. It cannot be used again. If found, it must be cut in two (through the signature box, magnetic strip and Chip) for security reasons and returned to us immediately at the address in the 'Contacting Us' section of these Conditions
    23. Your liability will be limited to an overall limit of EUR75 for any losses incurred in respect of unauthorised payment transaction arising from the use of a lost or stolen card or from a failure to keep personalised security features safe. However, you will be liable for all unauthorised transactions if:
    you intentionally, fraudulently or with gross negligence failed to adhere to the safekeeping and/or disclosure requirements of your Card, PIN or other security device or procedure; or
    any Transactions were effected as a result of the breach of Condition 5; or
    any Card is used by any other person outside the terms of this Agreement and who has possession of it with your consent.

Advertisement