Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Become an irish dance teacher?

Options
  • 07-09-2011 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

I did irish dancing with cogail for 15 yrs. I'm nearly 30 & would love to become a dance teacher/judge?

Does anyone know how I go about it or has anyone here done it?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Suppose you would need to talk to one of them and find out the route to take.
    You must surely know some of them if you danced for 15 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AFlyer

Hi, I'm over 30 and like you would love to get back to Irish dancing perhaps with a view to teaching it one day. Any ideas how to go about this or did you ever take steps to go back?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kylie123

Hi Suntottie, I'm not a teacher, but my daughter dances. She takes her grade exams every year, once she has her grade 10 exam completed she is qualified to teach. I would imagine you'd have to do the exams.
    Hope this helps :))

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Big Mig

Give An Chomdhail a ring and speak to someone in their office, they would most certainly be able to point you in the correct direction....

Be careful, though about which route you take because some of the certifications allow you to teach within some dance organisations and not others.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement