Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL... faster than it should be?

• 07-09-2011 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭

Earlier this evening I queued up a game on Steam to download. Checked in on it there a few minutes ago to find it's chugging along at 1.2mbps! I'm with UTV on the 7 meg broadband, and it's always been pretty solid at 700kbps before. Quick check on speedtest seems to agree that the speed, at least for now, is up:

1471536846.png

I know it's common, almost expected really, for people to get lower than advertised speeds, but higher speeds? Am I on a one in a million here or what? There hasn't been an upgrade that I wasn't aware of has there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

mfdc wrote: »
    Earlier this evening I queued up a game on Steam to download. Checked in on it there a few minutes ago to find it's chugging along at 1.2mbps! I'm with UTV on the 7 meg broadband, and it's always been pretty solid at 700kbps before. Quick check on speedtest seems to agree that the speed, at least for now, is up:

1471536846.png

I know it's common, almost expected really, for people to get lower than advertised speeds, but higher speeds? Am I on a one in a million here or what? There hasn't been an upgrade that I wasn't aware of has there?

Try logging into your webpage of the router. If you are getting an upgrade to your connection then the sync speeds will have changed on the dsl status

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

you probably got an unannounced upgrade... either that or your ISP made a big screw up and put you on a faster package by mistake

either way if your nothing being charged extra for it happy days :D

Advertisement