Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Curve 8520 error screen

Options
  • 08-09-2011 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭

Using the search function, I couldn't find anything like the issue I'm having with my work phone. It's a Blackberry Curve 8520, here is a picture of the problem screen.

It's a battery symbol with a red X through it. Since this started, I haven't been able to charge the phone or turn it on. Thinking it was a battery problem, I just replaced the battery with a new one and I'm still getting this screen.

Then I thought it might be the charger, so when I hooked the phone up to my PC via the USB, I still got the same screen/problem. The phone and the old battery are about 10-11 months old. Any ideas out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tucked

Friend of mine had similar problem ages ago. I think it was a problem with the connectors not connecting with the battery properly. Seems they can sometimes bend/lose their strength. He just stuffed some paper at the bottom of the battery to make it fit tighter against the connectors! Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I just tried that suggestion of yours and got the battery pretty tight against the connectors. Unfortunately I'm still getting the same battery error symbol. Visibly it looks O.K., but I'm wondering is it the actually connection port on the Blackberry that's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Is it under warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Is it under warranty?

It's a company phone and I'm leaving them in a few weeks, so I couldn't be bothered with the hassle. I'd just prefer to sort it out myself if I can.

Advertisement