Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking from Wellpark Grove

• 08-09-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,

Im going into first year this year so im not that familar with the area. I going to be living in Wellpark grove and was wondering if there are any shortcuts to GMIT other than walking by Dublin road. I have a car but dont fancy driving everyday. I know a bicycle is probably the best option which I plan to get soon enough.
    Any feedback would be appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

You can cut through mervue pitches and come out in Ballybane. I'm gonna be walking from wellpark to college so that's the route I'm probably gonna take. Look at the area on google maps and you can pretty much plan your routes from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bigman87

I was looking on google maps for Mervue pitches but could not find them. Will i still have to walk by Connolly Avenue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The "new Mervue" neighbourhood map shows you where the pitches are (number 2).

Take a look at the satellite map, there are lots of off-road footpaths around there, you might be surprised how far you can get without walking on the main roads.

(Might be best to stick to the roads at night though!)

I checked out the map, looks lot easier to walk than by main road.
    Thanks very much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭JyesusChrist

Im living in wellpark grove aswell this year...Are you in a 6 bedroom house?

• Advertisement

yep movin down sunday

Bigman87 wrote: »
    yep movin down sunday

Landlords name is Michael? :O Im moving down Sunday aswell.

nope ha.. no. 84 wellpark

Bigman87 wrote: »
    nope ha.. no. 84 wellpark

Oh that would have been weird if you were in the same place as me! I don't know the number of my house come to think of it:/

Advertisement