Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Tallaght Merge with DIT

Options
  • 08-09-2011 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Lot's were saying it at the open evening but is it likely to really happen and when? Are they saying that just to get the Students to pick ITT, using it as some sort of carrot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It was rumoured afaik, but won't be for years I'd say if even. All the DIT's are to merge in Grangegorman as one campus like UCD then I think it was that ITT and ITB were to move out there with DIT over a period of time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭DirtyLeeds

This is true

The merge will make ITT and DIT became DTU (Dublin Technological University)

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

There is an alliance formed with ITTD, ITB and DIT. It will be a few years before anything happens, but the campus' will not be moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CiaranReilly1

Well 6 years and 3 months later it's the same story. Massive talk about merging the colleges together but no action! I was told at the start of the semester this year that the colleges are planned to join up by 2021 which would mean I would come out of college with a University degree in my hand however what are the chances of that? I ask this because every year the planning is pushed back to the following year. In the media there are reports now that the DIT senior staff aren't sure what their role will be if the colleges merge and are therefore unhappy with the unknown, this is probably the case with the staff in the other colleges too. If you ask me the whole thing is a mess and should be cleared up one way or another. I'd love for the colleges to join but the question is will they ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Volturnus

Well 6 years and 3 months later it's the same story. Massive talk about merging the colleges together but no action! I was told at the start of the semester this year that the colleges are planned to join up by 2021 which would mean I would come out of college with a University degree in my hand however what are the chances of that? I ask this because every year the planning is pushed back to the following year. In the media there are reports now that the DIT senior staff aren't sure what their role will be if the colleges merge and are therefore unhappy with the unknown, this is probably the case with the staff in the other colleges too. If you ask me the whole thing is a mess and should be cleared up one way or another. I'd love for the colleges to join but the question is will they ever?

Why does it matter? Employers don't care which college you come from once you know your stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I dont think they will merge and if they do it'll be lot later than 3 years time before they do. DIT will move to grangegorman and i dont see why they'll take over ITTD.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭mrhoppy

I dont think they will merge and if they do it'll be lot later than 3 years time before they do. DIT will move to grangegorman and i dont see why they'll take over ITTD.

The plan is to merge next year. The biggest obstacle is the size of ITT, as it's too small to accommodate a large influx of students that will inevitably flock to a new university.

The plan isn't for DIT to "take over" ITT and ITB. The plan is for the three to merge into a new university with three campuses.

Advertisement