Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the whole year?

Options
  • 08-09-2011 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I just finished first year a few months ago but i failed my exams and never applied for repeats. Is there anyway i can repeat the whole year or is it way to late at this stage with the new first years coming in already...?

For those wondering i was doing a Level 8 undergraduate course straight from leaving cert.

I know i would have to pay the fees again but i dont know if i can apply again like this or would i have to wait till next year and re-do the CAO.

Any comments are helpful :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sean_Paul

Sorry to hear about your exams. As far as I know you don't need to go anywhere near the CAO as you have your college place secured so its between you and the College. If I were you I'd speak to your Tutor and ask their advice. Its likely they will readmit you again next year. You will need to pay to repeat the year and I dont think you will get a maintenance grant either

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Ok thanks!

I emailed them about it anyway so i guess its a waiting game :p but do you think i would have any chance of starting this semester or would i have to wait until sept '12?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

TheBrinch wrote: »
    Ok thanks!

I emailed them about it anyway so i guess its a waiting game :p but do you think i would have any chance of starting this semester or would i have to wait until sept '12?
    You could probably start this season.

You would have to pay the registration fee of 2,000 and tuition fees of 2,300 or so i can differ depending on the course. You also won't be eligible to for any grants this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I can't see why you couldn't repeat this year. The repeat exam results aren't even out yet and they have to account for those that may fail repeats and want to repeat internally.
    I had to repeat first year a few years ago and I sorted out everything about a week or 2 before classes began. You're best bet is to go into the office and sort it all out now before semester starts, don't wait on them. I got a letter in the post about 2/3 weeks into the semester containing a form for repeating the year!

Advertisement