Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Plus & Facebook

Options
  • 08-09-2011 4:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

When adding a page from my site on google plus or facebook status it does not come up with the full information of the article, it seems to only display the title the favicon and the description. I want it to display the Headline the Article and the site logo. Is there a standard i should be following or am i doing it all wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Have you set your Open Graph Tags (OG). These determine how site links will be displayed into Facebook or Google+.

Facebook have a handy guide (PDF) here explaining them all.

I have found that for Joomla that it's best to leave the page title and description blank and let it pick it up from other meta tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cusackd

BrianD wrote: »
    Have you set your Open Graph Tags (OG). These determine how site links will be displayed into Facebook or Google+.

Facebook have a handy guide (PDF) here explaining them all.

I have found that for Joomla that it's best to leave the page title and description blank and let it pick it up from other meta tags.

A cool BrianD cheers I was thinking it was my terribly sloppy code or I was just going mad. Hopefully implement this tonight and some social going

If you want to track your Likes in Facebook you will need to set up a Facebook App to handle it. That's what the reference to the app id and user ids are in the OG title.

If you want to track your Likes in Facebook you will need to set up a Facebook App to handle it. That's what the reference to the app id and user ids are in the OG title.

Ah OK are the reports from Facebook any good or have you used it?

I suspect if you had a big volume of traffic using Like buttons but it gives you what has been 'liked' or 'sent' and aggregate demographics. Not unlike the Insights you'd have fora Facebook Page.

• Advertisement

I suspect if you had a big volume of traffic using Like buttons but it gives you what has been 'liked' or 'sent' and aggregate demographics. Not unlike the Insights you'd have fora Facebook Page.

Cheers buddy will have a look at more of this in there Dev Area.

Thanks.

Advertisement