Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adult horse riding lessons ennis or west clare

• 08-09-2011 8:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a NICE instructor for adult horse riding lessons in ennis or west clare.Tried a place in Kilrush - no names- but the instructors(husband and wife) had absolutely no manner , was told that the classes were specifically for adults but ended up with a group of kids!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Irishgalclare

I used take my kids to Banner Equestrian in Toonagh a few years ago. The owners/instructors Noel and Simone were both very friendly and good teachers. Not sure if they do adult only classes but I'm sure they are in the phone book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

+1 for Noel & Simone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I used to go to Clare Equestrian for a good 10 years or so. Used to go to horse ride in a couple of other places like Smithstown and ones that shall remain nameless and the atmosphere was a bit hostile. But never had that problem with this place everybody is sound.
    http://www.clare-equestrian.com/Contact-Us.html

I don't know who Marie Burke has teaching the classes specifically at the moment (I haven't been there in two or three years) but all the instructors teaching me over the years were excellent. They don't stick people on horses they aren't accomplished enough for yet so I'd say it's one of the safest places around. They had plenty of adult classes last time I checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

+ 2 for Toonagh, I went as a very inexperienced adult and they were lovely and patient (including the poor horse!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭lizgal

great thanks for replies!

• Advertisement
Advertisement