Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Begging for money...for a good cause.

• 08-09-2011 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Sorry for being cheeky and posting this here , but I'm doing a charity thing in the New Year http://www.buildingofhope.org/ , basically I have signed up to help build the residential home for blind orphaned children in Mombasa, Kenya. I need to raise 3000 Euro to go. plus the visa , shots etc.

I only post this here as I don't really post anywhere only here , on Boards . So be prepared to see me with my hand out if you come to the garage for work! :D

Thanks for reading .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Could you get yourself set up for Paypal or something that takes online payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

defike wrote: »
    Could you get yourself set up for Paypal or something that takes online payment.

or details of bank account for donations

well done you
    im sure there are plenty of boardsies here willing to help
    good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Good man,

post up the detail & I'll contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

the only way ill contribute is if you bring the laptop and keep us posted:eek::eek:

ha ha only taking the p**s:p

ill make a contribution as well,

fare play to you for doing your bit for charity,
    keep up the good work,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Fair play Dude,,,,,,:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

thanks gang . Not so sure on the pay-pal thing , I'm not so ed-u-ma-cated on that stuff , anyone know how to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hymer514

If you google paypal and set up an account they have a facility to set up donations to your account it looks straightforward and worth doing as its the easiest way for us to donate good luck with your trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I think it's easier to go back to the old system ie.

Aidan M M
    C/O Pat Horan Motorhomes
    Aglish
    Borrisokane
    Co.Tipperary

My wee donation is in the post..

wow...thanks!

I'll check out pay-pal over the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

We will have to pay in donations for all the free advice we have gotten over the years :-)

You can also use a thing called My Charity, it may be easier than the Paypal thing, www.mycharity.ie/

Good luck and keep us updated

• Advertisement

I failed with the myCharity thing , they would take money for the charity itself , not for my little section of it .

nearly there folks , I just wanted to say how stunned and humbled I have been by the generosity of some of our friends and customers . Thank you thank thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Aidan
    Hadn't quite forgotten, found a letter addressed to you in my glovebox, will be in the post in the morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

I had forgotten,
    Something small going in the post this evening.
    Kevin. www.iwmotorhomes.ie

jeez , thanks guys!

just had a chat with your mam to find out what to put on the cheque as i dont think aidan_m_m would do,

mine is in the post,
    good luck with it and keep up the good work,

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Sorry for being cheeky and posting this here , but I'm doing a charity thing in the New Year http://www.buildingofhope.org/ , basically I have signed up to help build the residential home for blind orphaned children in Mombasa, Kenya. I need to raise 3000 Euro to go. plus the visa , shots etc.

I only post this here as I don't really post anywhere only here , on Boards . So be prepared to see me with my hand out if you come to the garage for work! :D

Thanks for reading .
    just wondering did you reach the target?

Hi , well , in a way.... I 'd have been happy to have raised 2/3s of the total , and paid the rest myself , as I refused to do any specific fundraisers , in these money-tight times . But due to the fantastic generosity of people like yourself , I am within a few hundred of the total !
    Thanks again , it means so much , and after hearing some people who'd gone out to build previous projects for the children I can't wait to get there to help .

Well , the money was all raised (E3000) , the Visa has been granted , the Kenyan Shillings ordered , the jabs for Yellow Fever , Hepatitis , and other nasties received , the Malaria tabs and Industrial strength SunScreen packed..... Building Of Hope Kenya , I'm (nearly) ready for you!

Thanks everyone who was so generous.

well done,
    have a safe one and we'll catch ya on the flip side:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement