Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving to CastleKnock - current traffic?

Options
  • 08-09-2011 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi, I'm considering moving to Mulberry area of Castleknock. I'm just wondering what the current traffic situation is like in the mornings trying to get on the M50.
    My probable route to the the Navan road will be through Castleknock village and up Auburn Ave. I'll probably be on the road for 8am - will I meet much traffic or does it start to build up earlier than this?
    Any response is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

5948ai wrote: »
    Hi, I'm considering moving to Mulberry area of Castleknock. I'm just wondering what the current traffic situation is like in the mornings trying to get on the M50.
    My probable route to the the Navan road will be through Castleknock village and up Auburn Ave. I'll probably be on the road for 8am - will I meet much traffic or does it start to build up earlier than this?
    Any response is greatly appreciated.

Where in castleknock? If your on the road for 8am you probably won't hit any, it only starts to build past 8:30 when the school runs start...

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭5948ai

Hi thanks for reply.
    Mulberry is a development on Carpenters Rd - letting agent has the address as Castleknock but I think it should be Clonsilla!
    Anyway going by google maps my route to the M50 would be down Carpenters Rd and up through Castleknock village - so you think if I'm through Castleknock village before 8:30am I should be ok....I was just a bit worried and currently doing a bit of research - plenty of threads on here discussing Castleknock's traffic nightmare....albeit some of these are a couple of years old now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Personally I think Mulberry is too close to the M50 for noise and pollution if you ask me.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=241874

In my experience most of the traffic on that road is between 7.45 and 8.45. I generally avoid those times, especially on that road, or indeed the whole area.

In my opinion, traffic is a lot lighter this year. Theres less cars around from previous years. Dunno if that will continue into the winter. I went up that road about 8am the other morning by mistake and was queued back past Mulberry and around the corner past the lights. But I was surprised that it moved ok, and I was into the park in about 15 mins.

Incidentally you can cycle into town in about 30 mins from there.

Dunno why you think it should be clonsilla. Its closer to Castleknock. Indeed I think that road is the townland border . But I think the correct name is probably Diswellstown. Couldn't identify in on Fingals map. http://maps.fingalcoco.ie/LocationPublisher/Layout1.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

BostonB wrote: »
    In my opinion, traffic is a lot lighter this year. Theres less cars around from previous years. Dunno if that will continue into the winter.

I thought so too until the morning :eek: I can't remember the traffic being that bad for years!

Colleges aren't back yet AFAIK.

• Advertisement

athtrasna wrote: »
    I thought so too until the morning :eek: I can't remember the traffic being that bad for years!

1 hour 20 mins to the city centre thismorning .

Took me 35~40 mins to D4 at 9am. Considering I cycle it in 45 mins at a slow pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭5948ai

BostonB wrote: »
    Personally I think Mulberry is too close to the M50 for noise and pollution if you ask me.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=241874

In my experience most of the traffic on that road is between 7.45 and 8.45. I generally avoid those times, especially on that road, or indeed the whole area.

In my opinion, traffic is a lot lighter this year. Theres less cars around from previous years. Dunno if that will continue into the winter. I went up that road about 8am the other morning by mistake and was queued back past Mulberry and around the corner past the lights. But I was surprised that it moved ok, and I was into the park in about 15 mins.

Incidentally you can cycle into town in about 30 mins from there.

Dunno why you think it should be clonsilla. Its closer to Castleknock. Indeed I think that road is the townland border . But I think the correct name is probably Diswellstown. Couldn't identify in on Fingals map. http://maps.fingalcoco.ie/LocationPublisher/Layout1.aspx

Cheers for the response - yeah I'm aware of the proximity to M50 but I'm willing to put up with it.
    Not sure I made it clear in the earlier post but I'll be trying to access the M50 in the morning - head to Swords area for work. Looking at the above posts it seems that anything after 8 o'clock can be gridlock around Castleknock!

Heading for the M50 I think I'd go down by Blanch center, via Coolmine school, out by Ben Dunnes gym then swing back to the N3. Its longer but I think it would be quicker than going through Castleknock. You'd have to try a few routes and see what works.

When it was bad, I used to try and be past castleknock before 7.20 and after 9am. But I'm on flexi so can stagger my hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Traffic in Castleknock?? Lord...

Took me 45 minutes to get from Diswellstown Road in the far end of Carpenterstown to Castleknock village there during the week. I usually jog there AND back in 30.

• Advertisement
Advertisement