Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wide backdrop ideas (more than 9 feet)

Options
  • 08-09-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for backdrop ideas to shoot groups of about 16 people, my 9 foot will be too narrow.

Does anyone here have any suggestions about rigging something or renting? It doesn't have to be pristine, so maybe a piece of canvas would do or something similar ...

Thanks,

Hugh
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Creativitybackgrounds.co.uk sell extra wide rolls (3.5m) of seamless in black, white, gray and chroma green or blue. extra-wide-3.56-x-30.5-metres.html

You can get a 4m telescopic cross bar from foto-walser. You might not need it if you have a background expan and chain system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

oshead wrote: »
    Creativitybackgrounds.co.uk sell extra wide rolls (3.5m) of seamless in black, white, gray and chroma green or blue. extra-wide-3.56-x-30.5-metres.html

Thanks Os but since it's a once-off I was hoping to not have to purchase a new system.

Anyone know where I could get a big sheet of canvas or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

Two 9ft backdrops side by side but overlapping in the centre? One a little higher than the other and just make the curve at the bottom of the seamless a little bigger to cope with the extra stand legs. Or just rent a studio :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Know any painter/decorators? They generally have big 20ft+ dust covers that get all spattered with paint and dirt and end up being a decent enough background for portraits if suitably bokeh'd up. As long as your lighting is only lighting the group and falling off before it hits the background it should work ok.

Advertisement