Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations: where to buy tools

Options
  • 08-09-2011 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All

I am a Carpenter and my Van got broken into the other night and all my tools (well all the expensive ones) were stolen. :mad:

Any recommendations on where to get a good price on new/second hand tools?
    and if second hand, how do i ensure they are not stolen themselves?

I certainly do not want to feed these Scum who think they are entitled to take your things you work hard for.

any recommendations would be much appreciated.
    kind regards

Cormac :

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

same happened me twice last year. try t for tools in lurgan. treasure trove for tools and absolute gents to deal with. have nothing but praises for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

axminster are an english mail order crowd do all the brands and find them great to deal with!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

o'marcos wrote: »
    Hi All

I am a Carpenter and my Van got broken into the other night and all my tools (well all the expensive ones) were stolen. :mad:

I certainly do not want to feed these Scum who think they are entitled to take your things you work hard for.

kind regards

Cormac :
    Sorry to hear about this - it's a horrible thing to happen, especially when you get comfortable with the tools you have. Something similar happened to me a few years back and foolishly, I underestimated how much had been taken when making the insurance claim.

There are some pretty good add-on van locks available these days.

Adverts.ie etc. should be worth a look in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

o'marcos wrote: »
    Hi All

kind regards

Cormac :

Cormac what are you looking for pm me I have some stuff for sale chap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

online sites would be

http://www.donedeal.ie/find/tools/for-sale/Ireland/
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/diy-renovation/machinery-tools/143/
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/diy-renovation/machinery-tools/143/
    http://dublin.gumtree.ie/f-Stuff-for-Sale-general-W0QQCatIdZ8059

They are all I know. There is irish tool liquidators aswell.
    It may be worth while to keep an eye on those sites as thats one place these c***s sell them.

Friend of mine had same thing happen to his van parked in Dublin 15.
    He saw his dewalt chopsaw on sale in louth and arranged a meeting.
    Lets just say he didnt go alone and got a chunk of his stuff back from these lads. After he informed the gaurds who later charged one of them for burglary in a house in dunboyne.

He got off the hook with fine and warning.
    Great to see the judicial system works:rolleyes:

Anyway, best of luck with it.
    also if you are buying tools with serials on them then you can ring and check. I know pasload have my guns serials in my name so if they get stolen and are ever serviced I will be getting a phone call.

The only security on my van is the locks. Ive no alarm but all Id say is they had better not wake me or itl be down the stairs and out the door with my 6 ft solid curtain rail on standby.

Saying that, I will be getting an alarm soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement