Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

third year work experience (CDM)

• 08-09-2011 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Just going into third year, and I'm wondering will there be enough places companies to facilitate work experience for us all? Do we try to get the work experience, or are we allocated places?: eek:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Just going into third year, and I'm wondering will there be enough places companies to facilitate work experience for us all? Do we try to get the work experience, or are we allocated places?: eek:

I'm sure some CDM students will let you know, but as far as I know you look for your own work experience. As usual though, if you're finding it hard to find any, the college will help out. Perhaps you should email you're lecturers if you're worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

Hmm only seeing this now sorry. This forum isnt advertised enough I dont think. most people I know dont know the joy of boards. In future if you have questions for us 4th years we are manily in f036 from 6pm to 10pm. By now you would have gotten your work placement. Best of luck with it, hope you have fun.

The college helps you source your work(they have a long list to choose from), you may go off and source your own as long as it is relevant. I sourced my own and went abroad to London.

also we have a facebook group for CDM students to come and talk that place is always buzzing with comments P.M if your a CDM student and you arent already a part of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 HeresToArthur

Thanks for the reply, I know everybody is very busy so no time to reply to this stuff. I think it's been difficult for many of our students to get work placements this year, so it doesn't look good for next year. I think the college will need to set something up on site.
    The best of luck to all,
    Martin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this year a few students managed to find their own work experience but there is a large list of work placements circulated in which you choose your top 3 choices of places to work and they try to get you your number one choice. Many students have started their work experience in the past week but there are still about 10 students without work experience right now but more places are being circulated so remaining students should get placements within the next week or 2.

Advertisement