Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On campus accomodation?

Options
  • 08-09-2011 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Got a second round offer so I was off this list, but I'm on the waiting list now. I've been into the accomodations office pretty much every day since last Thursday but no luck. What are the chances of a place coming up? Did many repeats fail and have to repeat semester two? Should I just give up on on-campus and go elsewhere? Getting the bus in from Ennis everyday and it's no fun having to go home at 5pm everyday... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭maryb26

did you try Troy student village across the road from the entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

maryb26 wrote: »
    Isn't that plassey? I'll have another look. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭joey12

If you get on a waiting list your chances are fairly good, like i always hear of first years leaving in the first month for whatever reason. But if ya dont get anything this semester you'll deff get on campus for spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

maryb26 wrote: »

That's Plassey, and from what I've been hearing it's all booked out this semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

njd2010 wrote: »
    That's Plassey, and from what I've been hearing it's all booked out this semester.
    Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Yep.

You could try Brookfield, it's not exactly on-campus but there are shuttle buses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

yeah try brookfield, on campus is extremely expensive

there's loads of places going around if you're not fussy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

There's always here (green arrow). I'm staying there, but not sure if it's booked out or not. It's right beside the primary school. Only holds around 30 students or so, all male.

It's only a 4-5 minute walk to the main ski slopes entrance. You get bed, breakfast and dinner every day. Did I mention Sky Sports and Movies and a free pool table? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ULSU posted a room to rent if your still looking ??
    https://www.facebook.com/ulstudentsunion

Advertisement