Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Hockey 2011-2012

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    A really encouraging 11-0 win to clinch the regular season. Milan Michalek might turn out to be my pick-up of the season, he scored well in every category this week.

Michalek was my star at the start of season but went cold for a while after a injury. Typical that he is now scoring well again and my current team could not score in a brothel with a handfull of 50's right now.

I am having a very frustrating season so far, its boom or bust. One week my goaltenders will pick up shutouts and wins no problem and the next they get hammered with 5 or goals each game. Start of the season I was scoring well but no assists, now I have assists coming out of my ears and no goals. Its the same for +/- and powerplay points. My team also chokes for some reason when I play the top 3 and I will score low in all categories and get hammered when if I had the same points from the previous week I could at least be competitive.

Anyway, looking good so far for the last playoff spot. Tonight will be a big night for me as I have a bit of a shuffle around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Okay, I've unleashed Crosby :)

I noticed that the game is Setanta Sports 1, when did they switch the games over there. I was wondering why there hadn't been many games on the freebie channel recently. Pity as its an early tipoff due to DST...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Coeus wrote: »
    Okay, I've unleashed Crosby :)

I noticed that the game is Setanta Sports 1, when did they switch the games over there. I was wondering why there hadn't been many games on the freebie channel recently. Pity as its an early tipoff due to DST...

+1 on his first shift. Have noticed a lot of games on SS1 lately, bit annoying.

Got so caught up in the Crosby comeback I forgot to update my Fantasy team, doh!

Got so caught up in the Crosby comeback I forgot to update my Fantasy team, doh!
    Yea, I knew I had to be on a bit earlier today with games starting @ 11 and to make the roster move to get him back in the lineup. I guess we are just playing for stats now with the championship bracket all but decided...

• Advertisement

Yea, I knew I had to be on a bit earlier today with the games starting @ 11 and to make the roster move to get him back in the lineup. I guess we are just playing for stats now with the championship bracket all but decided...

It's just force of habit now at this stage really, I don't know what I'll do when the season is over! I sometimes work until midnight and the amount of times I've had to phone the girlfriend to change the team because I forgot to do it is ridiculous. She knows my team off by heart now I think. :pac:

It's just force of habit now at this stage really, I don't know what I'll do when the season is over! I sometimes work until midnight and the amount of times I've had to phone the girlfriend to change the team because I forgot to do it is ridiculous. She knows my team off by heart now I think. :pac:
    :)

I set my team a few days in advance in case I forget. Although if pick up a player you need to go reset the lineups which you may have already set.

Oh Hagelin just scored :)

:)

I set my team a few days in advance in case I forget. Although if pick up a player you need to go reset the lineups which you may have already set.

Oh Hagelin just scored :)

I don't know if I'm being paranoid or stupid, but any time I set my lineup for the week on a Monday it seems to be wrong by Wednesday or Thursday. I click Submit on every individual day, but it just never seems to work for me.

Not exactly brimming with confidence ahead of the playoff semi-final. Based on this weeks scores I'd have lost 9-2... :(

Will hopefully get to throw up some regular season stats tomorrow once it's all over.

Not exactly brimming with confidence ahead of the playoff semi-final. Based on this weeks scores I'd have lost 9-2... :(

Its been my headache all season with boom or bust scoring, we played a few weeks ago and I scored no real points in any area and my goaltenders were letting in goals for fun. Last week my Goaltenders were on fire and I scored well in most areas so I guess its up to the hockey gods whats going to happen.

• Advertisement

Pleasantly surprised with the first half of the week. Had something like 11 goals in the first two nights, which has to be some sort of a record for me. Three wins from three from my goaltenders (though no shutouts and no spectacular numbers) have given me a big advantage there too.

Still a lot of games to be played this week though, can go either way.

The other semi-final looks like a really close one, the Duncan Keith penalty minutes might have decided that category but he probably won't be playing again for a few games after this...

The other semi-final looks like a really close one, the Duncan Keith penalty minutes might have decided that category but he probably won't be playing again for a few games after this...
    Yea, your looking good so far this week. Flames got nearly 40 PIMs last night. There is not hope of catching that since my team hasn't scored well in that category this season. We split the season matchups so it was always going to be close :)

Yea, your looking good so far this week. Flames got nearly 40 PIMs last night. There is not hope of catching that since my team hasn't scored well in that category this season. We split the season matchups so it was always going to be close :)

Looking like a great call to bench Rinne against the Penguins. 2-0 after 5 minutes.

Still a lot of games to be played this week though, can go either way.

Just watched Neal get 4 points in the flesh this evening, I surrender!

This game sucks!!!!

I am that lucky in this game that if I fell in a bucket of boobs I would come out sucking my thumb.

Looking like a great call to bench Rinne against the Penguins. 2-0 after 5 minutes.
    I wouldn't starting any keeper against the Penguins at the moment. Gonna be tough for me to turn my matchup round after Quick's Shutout last night.

krissovo wrote: »
    Just watched Neal get 4 points in the flesh this evening, I surrender!

This game sucks!!!!

I am that lucky in this game that if I fell in a bucket of boobs I would come out sucking my thumb.

Haha I watched it myself, Malkin was on fire. Two pretty impressive goaltending perfomances for you last night, though. Means you only need to pick up a shorthanded point and/or swing two of the other categories and it's game on. Not over by a long shot.

PS - Neal was my only point-scorer last night.

The thoughts of having to face Crosby, Ovechkin and Giroux in the final, all of whom are on streaks... ugh

The thoughts of having to face Crosby, Ovechkin and Giroux in the final, all of whom are on streaks... ugh
    Neal wasn't too shabby last week either ;)

I needed 2 of 3 categories to go my way last night. If I got back to a tie I had a chance as I had the season matchup tiebreaker in my favour. A season of play decided by 1 point in a tie-breaker is as close as it gets...

We split the season series aswell so we now have a decider :)

True. I worked it out that I'd have beaten you 6-2 if we played last week, but that is honestly the only bit of confidence I have going into the final. I'm going to have to study this one pretty closely...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Neal wasn't too shabby last week either ;)

I needed 2 of 3 categories to go my way last night. If I got back to a tie I had a chance as I had the season matchup tiebreaker in my favour. A season of play decided by 1 point in a tie-breaker is as close as it gets...

What was the tie breaker ? My heart is broken ! So close but yet so far :(

• Advertisement

True. I worked it out that I'd have beaten you 6-2 if we played last week, but that is honestly the only bit of confidence I have going into the final. I'm going to have to study this one pretty closely...
    Yea, my goalkeeping wasn't great except for Rinne over the weekend. I need him to carry that form into this week and Howard to come back as I can't drop him.

I wasn't too hot on PIMs either but I gave up on that after the Duncan elbow.

Should be a good matchup. I'll actually have to win this week as you hold the season tiebreaker if its another tie...

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/hockey/scoring/hockey-82.html

Unlucky Malachy, when I logged in this morning and saw that I was facing Henry Le Cheat this week I thought I was after blowing my matchup. You looked to have it in the bag.

It was the total points scored in our matchups. You won 7-3-1 in the first, I won the second 7-2-2. When you add the points I led 16-15.

As I said alot of things had to go my way over the weekend and I didnt see it happening to be honest until I saw Edmonton hammering Columbus which gave me a good shot at assists. I then needed Rinne to play away in Chicago and win and Halak to lose or be benched.

Top 10 Matchup Performances of the Season

197707.jpg

Bottom 10 Matchup Perfomances of the Season

197706.jpg

Cumulative Points Totals

197708.jpg

Week-by-Week Positions

197709.jpg

Funny to see how the top four positions didn't change for the last seven weeks of the season, and how the top three were bunched together, then the remaining eight, and then the bottom team. The Florida Snow Badgers kept up with the pace until week ten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Check out this performance by my goaltenders on Saturday night!!

G W GAA SV SA SV% SHO
    Martin Brodeur (NJ - G) 1 0.00 22 22 1.000 1

G
    Mike Smith (Pho - G) 57% 1 0.00 44 44 1.000 1

BN
    Antti Niemi (SJ - G) 1 0.00 22 22 1.000 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Well done to the Board Street Bullies!

Tight final!

Also well done to Henry le Cheat and Flaming A-Holes on their 2nd and 3rd places finishes.

Not a bad season overall.

Lessons learned: Hockey can be as unpredictable as Football with concussions and injuries in general causing a lot of problems!

Tight final!

Just a bit! Promised myself I'd be in bed by 10pm last night, not a hope...

Will post a bit more later when I get a chance. Really enjoyed the season, thanks to everyone involved and hopefully it'll be even better next year.

Tight final!

Also well done to Henry le Cheat and Flaming A-Holes on their 2nd and 3rd places finishes.

Lessons learned: Hockey can be as unpredictable as Football with concussions and injuries in general causing a lot of problems!

Yes, it ended up been close. The help I needed from my goalies came one night too late. I guess it was too much to expect a second Sunday night comeback in a row :)

Anyhow congrats to MJS on taking it down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Tight final!

Well done to MJS.

3rd place matchup didn't go my way in the end, I always seemed to be trailing in it. Forgetting to set my lineup on saturday didn't help either !

• Advertisement
Advertisement