Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Hockey 2011-2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Noticed that... :mad:
    I was gonna play him anyway this week as he has 4 games, my other keeps only have 2 ;)

I hope I can get some of the other categories back as long as I'm not too far behind after tonight. We are pretty much matched on potential appearances for the rest of the week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

what way are the matchups going? that is to say, when do the current matchups end and the new ones begin?

what way are the matchups going? that is to say, when do the current matchups end and the new ones begin?
    I'm bottom so far so not great (for me) :(

These match-ups go til 16/10 so still plenty to play for (I hope) :)

ah, think i ought to peel my eyes.. just spotted that at the top of the screen on my matchup overview... oops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

My team is doing ok but not the way I expected, my forward line have only got 1 Goal and no assists and 10 SOG. My defense has 3 goals and 3 assists and 15 SOG:eek: Also my centers are doing shoite, my best center is a guy I brought in over the wekend who is 3rd line but bagged a Goal and an assist last night.

I guess I messed my picking strategy up a little and targeted Goalies and Defense to early and the centers ended up an after thought.

• Advertisement

Rangers at the Garden is not a bad compromise at all...

I work quite a lot in New York and my office is 1 Penn Plaza so I can see MSG from my office window:D MSG has a great atmosphere for Rangers games even though I am a Flames fan and every game I have seen there I have always been welcomed by the fans even wearing my flames jersey.

Here is a little clip I captured. The atmosphere is great, the fans really go for it and you will really enjoy the experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

krissovo wrote: »
    I work quite a lot in New York and my office is 1 Penn Plaza so I can see MSG from my office window:D MSG has a great atmosphere for Rangers games even though I am a Flames fan and every game I have seen there I have always been welcomed by the fans even wearing my flames jersey.

Here is a little clip I captured. The atmosphere is great, the fans really go for it and you will really enjoy the experience.

I stopped over at the Garden when I was on my way to Buffalo for the Winter Classic in late 2007, went to see the Rangers and Habs. Although we were up in the rafters, it was a brilliant experience and I'd love to go back.

On a side note, I've now been to 4 NHL games, and all 4 have gone to overtime, with 2 ending in a shootout. Value for money!

I can feel this Fantasy Hockey starting to take over my life...
    My team is doing ok but not the way I expected, my forward line have only got 1 Goal and no assists and 10 SOG. My defense has 3 goals and 3 assists and 15 SOG:eek: Also my centers are doing shoite, my best center is a guy I brought in over the wekend who is 3rd line but bagged a Goal and an assist last night.

I guess I messed my picking strategy up a little and targeted Goalies and Defense to early and the centers ended up an after thought.

Time to start making some trade moves... :)

was that the game where Rangers blew a 5-0 lead to lose in a shootout? or was that the year after? that was a game of epic proportions!!!

was that the game where Rangers blew a 5-0 lead to lose in a shootout? or was that the year after? that was a game of epic proportions!!!

Unfortunately not, no. It was a 4-3 OT win, the man of the moment Brendan Shanahan got the winner.

I loved MSG so much I came back a couple of days later for a rodeo, just to see the place again. Have done the tour a couple of times too.

I had a quite a good night last night, my forward line are now out scoring the defense after a good Flames win but I have more goals than assists:confused:.

I will be investigating a few trades over the weekend, looking for a decent center and maybe a forward (LW) to trade with outgoing center and I may throw in a nice goaltender or defender to make it interesting.

• Advertisement

I had a quite a good night last night, my forward line are now out scoring the defense after a good Flames win but I have more goals than assists:confused:.

I will be investigating a few trades over the weekend, looking for a decent center and maybe a forward (LW) to trade with outgoing center and I may throw in a nice goaltender or defender to make it interesting.

I think I'm going to do some "Power Rankings" each week to give people an idea of how they're getting on overall.

I think I'm going to do some "Power Rankings" each week to give people an idea of how they're getting on overall.

I was just doing the same thing :D

So far I am joint top in Goals and joint bottom in assists, I will pop my analysis up on Google docs in a bit.

I was just doing the same thing :D

So far I am joint top in Goals and joint bottom in assists, I will pop my analysis up on Google docs in a bit.

EDIT - Don't take these numbers as being accurate... the real stats will be up Monday morning.

Here's mine (I'm top of mine... but I honestly didn't tweak them to suit me)

177988.jpg

I think that is correct, but maybe I'm taking the numbers from the wrong place?

I think that is correct, but maybe I'm taking the numbers from the wrong place?
    At a glance, the goalkeeping stats are wrong I only have 6 wins and 2 shutouts and thats what our head-to-head is showing. Great spreadsheet though, you should post at the start of everyweek :)

Coeus wrote: »
    At a glance, the goalkeeping stats are wrong I only have 6 wins and 2 shutouts and thats what our head-to-head is showing. Great spreadsheet though, you should post at the start of everyweek :)

I'm taking the stats from the stat tracker below... Now I don't know which one is right or wrong :o

177990.jpg

Coeus, I think the stats on my spreadsheet include last nights results. Howard has 3 wins, Rinne 2 and Varlamov 2. And I don't think you had any of them on the bench at any stage. Also, Howard had a shutout last night so that makes 2 in total for him, and 1 for Varlamov.

I could be wrong, but I think the Stat Tracker has the most up-to-date scores.

I'm taking the stats from the stat tracker below... Now I don't know which one is right or wrong :o
    I didnt check the statstracker :)

While I welcome the extra win and shutout, Howard didnt play the previous game so missed out on them there.

Looking at the head-to-head the scoring there looks more realistic since I didnt score to well last night :(

Coeus wrote: »
    I didnt check the statstracker :)

While I welcome the extra win and shutout, Howard didnt play the previous game so missed out on them there.

Looking at the head-to-head the scoring there looks more realistic since I didnt score to well last night :(

Actually, you're dead right. The stat tracker seems to be quite a bit off. I'll wait until Monday morning and then I'll update the spreadsheet for week one when all the results are in and the first gameweek is out of the way.

Think these should (finally) be accurate as of today...

178061.jpg

dammit.. had the hat trick scoring rookie on my bench last night!!!

• Advertisement

I am getting smashed by the Badgers :( 7-0 at the moment but could go either way after todays games as some stats are close.

Some freak games are spoiling my party, despite the current score I am fairly happy with my roster. My goal tenders need to perform this weekend if I stand any chance of beating the badgers.

I am getting smashed by the Badgers :( 7-0 at the moment but could go either way after todays games as some stats are close.

Some freak games are spoiling my party, despite the current score I am fairly happy with my roster. My goal tenders need to perform this weekend if I stand any chance of beating the badgers.

Myself and StevoTG are having a good battle at the moment, I'm 5-3 up but all bar two of the categories are neck-and-neck.

Looking forward to doing the power-rankings this week to see how they look after two weeks. I'll have to just average out the GAA and SV% for the goaltenders though, too much work to start calculating them exactly.

Myself and StevoTG are having a good battle at the moment, I'm 5-3 up but all bar two of the categories are neck-and-neck.

Looking forward to doing the power-rankings this week to see how they look after two weeks. I'll have to just average out the GAA and SV% for the goaltenders though, too much work to start calculating them exactly.
    Yea, I'm 5-5 in my matchup. Of those, I should win Goals and SHP. Shots, GAA and SV% will probably go the other way. The rest of the cats are there to be won. I have a full lineup tonight mostly playing at home so hopefully they show up :)

Some overall NHL power rankings here if anyone is interested.

Some overall NHL power rankings here if anyone is interested.

Nice work, will be very useful for plotting my master strategy;)

Great start to the night for me, 2.5 gained in in Goalkeeping. Thank you Pekke Rinne :)

One lousy assist so far :(

I am hopeful my forwards will have a good night so I can claw back some dignity.

Goals - even, I should win this;)
    Assists - down by 3 so far, could go either way but based on last week I will probably lose
    +/- - Down by 4, will probably lose this unless the lads start banging in the goals and defending
    PIM - I ranked 1 last week but down by 14, unless there is a riot I expect to lose
    SHP - Tied, I have no SHP points so far so will be tied
    SOG - Tied, could go either way

Goaltending - Disaster, only hope of a win in any category would be a shutout or two

My guess is that I will lose 6-4-1 anything else is a bonus:D

I've a last gasp attempt to win my fixture this week tonight, with two Phoenix players lining up against Anaheim looking for a goal and some positive plus/minus. Other than that, its looking fairly sure to be a 5-5 tie.

Edit:// PS - Which lucky b****** has Jonathan Quick?

I was well and truly beaten by the badgers, I should have done better but some strange results especially goal tending messed up any chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I was well and truly beaten by the badgers, I should have done better but some strange results especially goal tending messed up any chance.

Those Pesky Badgers (tm)!
    ;)

My goaltenders turned up this week!

Advertisement