Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Hockey 2011-2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone able to log in. An error keeps coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

cena wrote: »
    No issues for me, I can log in OK...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

cena wrote: »

No, I just keep myself logged in but haven't had any issues with it.

Left Danny Briere out of the 9-8 game the other night, when he had 2G, 2A and was a +3. So logic dictated "Ok, I'll throw him back in. Richards, you're out pal."

Now Briere isn't playing, and Richards gets me 2G and 1A on the bench. Luckily enough I'm doing alright in those categories, but infuriating all the same!

The badgers have me up against it early on this week! Haven't had many players playing yet but will still need some big performances to claw this one back...

• Advertisement

I picked up one of the leagues top thugs today for one of my under-performing defenders, I had 2 who weren't really contributing. I hope that helps me shore up the penalty minutes cat most weeks :)

Coeus wrote: »
    I picked up one of the leagues top thugs today for one of my under-performing defenders, I had 2 who weren't really contributing. I hope that helps me shore up the penalty minutes cat most weeks :)

Did something similar myself (though Dubinsky isn't generally a thug, just happens to have had some big PIM games so far this season), but now I'm overloaded on forwards. Have 6 players who can play center, 6 who can play right wing, 4 who can play left wing, and only 4 defencemen.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Did something similar myself (though Dubinsky isn't generally a thug, just happens to have had some big PIM games so far this season), but now I'm overloaded on forwards. Have 6 players who can play center, 6 who can play right wing, 4 who can play left wing, and only 4 defencemen.
    Yea, I'm in a similar boat but my guys dont have as much the position eligibility so I only have 3C, 4RW, 3LW. I should be able to swap them in and out most nights so I dont have to leave too many scores on the bench. That said, ideally I wanted to pickup a defenceman thug but picking are slim in that position.

Oh I just noticed both our thug pickups play each other tonight so Im hoping for lots of fights and penalty minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Being on holidays is killing me this week, plus I think my players only have 1-2 games this week so I need a miracle for fri to sun games :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

having a good old scrap with ovi's front teeth this week... and still too close to call on the final day of the tussle
    and Kris Versteeg was a great acquisition, he's puttin up some decent all round numbers

• Advertisement

nothing like a game misconduct to boost your PIMS

Had a great tussle with the Badgers (tm) this week and somehow came out on top 5-3. Was 2-7 down at the start of Saturday night.

But for the Flyers allowing a late goal last night it would've been 5-2. That was definitely the best matchup I've had to date, had me watching right to the end.

Power rankings later today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Had a great tussle with the Badgers (tm) this week and somehow came out on top 5-3. Was 2-7 down at the start of Saturday night.

But for the Flyers allowing a late goal last night it would've been 5-2. That was definitely the best matchup I've had to date, had me watching right to the end.

Power rankings later today.

It was a great come back! Anderson f**ked up my goalie stats and then when I benched him he put in a stellar performance.

More matches like this please!

There would be as well if people would use their benches....

It was a great come back! Anderson f**ked up my goalie stats and then when I benched him he put in a stellar performance.

I'll send PM's around to those in question today.

I'll give you a match this week in this anyway ;)

Not so sure about the football though :)

I'll send PM's around to those in question today.

Cheers MJS.

It's a 12 man league and everyone should have a good bit of talent at their disposal! The waiver wire has a lot to offer as well.

Coeus wrote: »
    I'll give you a match this week in this anyway ;)

Not so sure about the football though :)

Ah brilliant!
    We are up against each other in both!

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

By using my bench I am doing worse :eek:

I need to be smarter I think with the bench, if I pulled my goal tenders on Saturday I would have edged a win this week.

krissovo wrote: »

I need to be smarter I think with the bench, if I pulled my goal tenders on Saturday I would have edged a win this week.

The goaltender categories are always interesting by about Friday. Is it worth risking a goaltender who has good GAA and SV% to try and get a win and a shutout, etc...

I couldn't live with myself if I left a win on the bench, never mind a shutout.

Power Rankings for the week are up here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056450817

krissovo wrote: »

Well goaltending is the an exception, much like pitchers in baseball. They can lose you 2 of 4 categories.
    Not to start one can be tactical.

But bar +/- for skaters, you have 6 other categories to score in, so really unless absolutely necessary becuase you can't afford to drop +/-, you should not be leaving players on the bench!

Going back to the goalkeeper issue, there is a starting goalkeeper on one users team who has 6 or so wins, who hasn't been utilized yet.
    no wonder there has been so many one sided wins in this league so far, with these amount of stats on the bench.

• Advertisement

Going back to the goalkeeper issue, there is a starting goalkeeper on one users team who has 6 or so wins, who hasn't been utilized yet.
    no wonder there has been so many one sided wins in this league so far, with these amount of stats on the bench.

And another goaltender who has racked up 7 wins... on the bench.

I've sent PM's to the two managers in question to hopefully get some more regular activity. The whole league would benefit from this.

Well goaltending is the an exception, much like pitchers in baseball. They can lose you 2 of 4 categories.
    Not to start one can be tactical.
    Yea, agree with this that there can be a case of benching keeps at the weekend. Just depends on how far ahead you are in GAA and SV% and what there is to gain, a win in Ws lets say in a tight matchup. I'll leave SHOs out as they are gonna happen that often. This is always something I would check Saturday before the games as you'll more than likely have 2 keeps playing. Sometimes you can be far enough ahead that you can absorb 1 bad start so its OK start them...

Lots of waiver line activity in the league this morning :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Very tight at the top. Coeus and MJS are tied then im 6 points behind. 10 point gap after that to number 4 !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Lads anyone know what the story with stanley cup #25. Im playing that team this week and he's played Ryan Miller for the entire week. I don't know whether he's been making other subs but he definetly hasn't made any effort to switch keepers. He's only carry 2 keepers atm. Just wondering.

Thats Shannanigan, he has been on it fairly regularly, may just be away for this week or something. Actually, I see he has Miller on the bench for tonight.

well I've been holding out for Miller to recover from his knock to the head.. and hoping that perhaps that's just what he needed to remind him that he's *supposed to be* minding the pipes for buffalo sabres.. I wasn't really putting much importance on goaltenders upto recently.. already made one foolish goaltender error by letting marty brodeur go on waivers.. so i decided to concentrate on skaters for the last couple of weeks.. with varying results... but i'm now seeing the merits of a bench slot for one of my tenders...

but i'm now seeing the merits of a bench slot for one of my tenders...
    There are definately merits to having a third keeper but the guy has to be reliable and not hurt your GAA and SV% when you start him. I dropped my third keeper for the moment as my 2 main keepers (Rinne and Howard) are starting almost every game so I should get a couple of wins each week and the odd shutout...

Lads I've thrown 5 of my superstars on the trading block, if anyone fancies a look....

Lads, my team are seriously pissing me off. From top goals scored to lowest, from worst goaltenders to best in the league there is just no consistency week to week and I am getting a ass kicking as a result.

I think I am going to have a fire sale and see if that helps, most my players will be on trading block at some point today.

• Advertisement

Ok my re-shuffle has started, some BIG names are available with the right trade.

Corey Perry
    Ryan Kessler
    Milan Michalek - 12 Goals 6 assists
    Simon Gagne

Advertisement