Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Hockey 2011-2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

krissovo wrote: »
    Ok my re-shuffle has started, some BIG names are available with the right trade.

Corey Perry
    Ryan Kessler
    Milan Michalek - 12 Goals 6 assists
    Simon Gagne

I accepted the trade for Richards/St.Louis. Have to wait til Saturday until its done though...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

benched Niemi last night, just in time for his first shutout of the season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

:D Dont you hate it when that happens :D

I think I would fare better with a weekly roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

The joys of having 3 keepers and a decision to make. I probably would have started Niemi over Enroth as I would have fancied the Sharks had a better chance of winning their game.

My guys have been awful this week, 9 goals conceded in 3 starts with not many saves. I only have 3 starts left to turn it around, 2 of which are away to Boston and Detroit...

My love/hate relationship with Danny Briere continues. In the 16 games he's played for me he's managed 3G 7A -2+/- 22PIM's. In the 3 games I've benched him he's got 4G 2A 3+/- 2PIM.

So infuriating.

Won't be able to get any power rankings done for a while as my laptop charger is broken so I'm waiting on a new one to be delivered.

• Advertisement

Coeus wrote: »
    The joys of having 3 keepers and a decision to make. I probably would have started Niemi over Enroth as I would have fancied the Sharks had a better chance of winning their game.

When looking a the match ups I didn't fancy Niemi against Chicago, they have too much firepower.
    Meanwhile Boston blow hot and cold, there was always a chance it was a low scoring game..it was ...but I lost!

EDIT: I was going for SAVES% and GAA.

When looking a the match ups I didn't fancy Niemi against Chicago, they have too much firepower.
    Meanwhile Boston blow hot and cold, there was always a chance it was a low scoring game..it was ...but I lost!

EDIT: I was going for SAVES% and GAA.
    My decision would have been based on form to get the win. So I go with Sharks on a winning streak v Hawks on a losing strek over Buffalo who win 1 lose 1 v Boston on a long winning streak. I agree that Sabres game was likely to be a lower scoring affair (which it wasn't :o) and Enroth was likely to be busy so lots of saves. Its was a tough decision either way considering you had to play Brodeur with his favorable matchup...

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I accepted the trade for Richards/St.Louis. Have to wait til Saturday until its done though...:(

Trade came through this morning :D I know Perry and Kessler are going to pick up as the season moves on but I desperately need stats in other areas to try and be a bit more competitive.

Next weeks match up should be interesting ;)

Trade came through this morning :D I know Perry and Kessler are going to pick up as the season moves on but I desperately need stats in other areas to try and be a bit more competitive.

Next weeks match up should be interesting ;)

Four good players involved, don't really think any of them will be letdowns as the season goes on. I think both of us just wanted fresh faces and a bit of a fresh look to our teams. Perry was my number one choice for the draft so happy to have him on board, even if he hasn't had a great start to the season.

Kessler - Goal and assist and +2
    Perry - Goal two assists and +2

I dropped these lads as the +/- was killing me, now their +'s are killing me again since I traded them. :D

I am not complaining though, its sods law.

• Advertisement

Kessler - Goal and assist and +2
    Perry - Goal two assists and +2

I dropped these lads as the +/- was killing me, now their +'s are killing me again since I traded them. :D

I am not complaining though, its sods law.

Overall since the trade the stats are:

Kesler/Perry.......: Played:5 Goals:4 Assists:5 Plus/Minus:+2 PIM:2 PPP:1 SHP:0 SOG:11
    Richards/St.Louis: Played:6 Goals:4 Assists:4 Plus/Minus:-2 PIM:2 PPP:5 SHP:0 SOG:15

Quite close in most departments but as you said, they haven't helped your +/-, or indeed my powerplay.

286 games and 18 moves into the season, I finally have a shorthanded point.

Going to be a tight contest tonight and tomorrow, with 7 of the categories having 1 point or less in them, and GAA and SV% being very tight also.

286 games and 18 moves into the season, I finally have a shorthanded point.

Going to be a tight contest tonight and tomorrow, with 7 of the categories having 1 point or less in them, and GAA and SV% being very tight also.
    I got the same shorthanded point as Toews scored the goal. I'm still behind in that cat even though a point is usually enough to win it :(

My matchup is tough aswell as predicted and there is 4 cats I probably cant win (SHP, GAA, SV and SHO), his goalkeeping has been stellar. That means I have to win 6 of the remaining 7 so I need a big night from my forwards/defensemen. Selecting the right players will be key...

Going to be a tight contest tonight and tomorrow,

Its a interesting match up alright, I have some roster dilemmas with my forwards and goaltenders and if I get it right then I hope to get the edge this evening;)

Its a interesting match up alright, I have some roster dilemmas with my forwards and goaltenders and if I get it right then I hope to get the edge this evening;)

Seguin and Marchand just had a 2-on-1 breakaway that would have brought me even in three categories if they'd scored it, instead they missed and Kelly scored for you which spread your lead in two categories. :mad:

That's what makes fantasy sports so good though!

Seguin and Marchand just had a 2-on-1 breakaway that would have brought me even in three categories if they'd scored it, instead they missed and Kelly scored for you which spread your lead in two categories. :mad:

That's what makes fantasy sports so good though!
    Yea, I saw that! I sat for Lucic for Lupul, wrong decision so far. I need that assist and +1, instead I have -1 and nothing else. Lucic just smashed him there aswell :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Very happy I won my matchup this week. Was tough and ended up restricting the points Coeus could get when I equaled him in penalty minutes. Could have sneaked goals aswell if things had gone differently last night. Bit of a waste getting a 4 goal game friom Matt Moulson and ending up losing that category! :D

Very happy I won my matchup this week. Was tough and ended up restricting the points Coeus could get when I equaled him in penalty minutes. Could have sneaked goals aswell if things had gone differently last night. Bit of a waste getting a 4 goal game friom Matt Moulson and ending up losing that category! :D
    Fair play, your goalie stats killed me this week and I wasn't helped by my guys been rested over the weekend which meant a chance at Wins went out the door.

The match score would have been closer had I played Lucic over Lupul on Saturday, I regretted that roster move about 5 mins into that match (see above). Either ways you would have won. Looking forward to the rematch :)

184181.png

lol :D

One starting goaltender gets injured and everything goes to pot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

184181.png

lol :D

One starting goaltender gets injured and everything goes to pot!

I have cam ward in goal, he conceded 7 :D

It looks like we have a matchup off who concedes more....

• Advertisement

My keepers have put me in a hole for a 2nd week in a row, both lost and conceded 3 goals each. I should have stuck with my initial strategy of having 3 starter keepers :(

Lads, its official I am the unlickest manager in the bloody world. I could fall into a bucket of boobs and come sucking my thumb:mad:

This season is really a rollercoaster ride and very frustrating, the icing on the cake is losing St Louis last night with a fractured face. Must be at least 10 weeks out with a bad facial injury:mad: and he is on the cant cut list:mad:

Ok rant over, anyone else having fun.

This season is really a rollercoaster ride and very frustrating, the icing on the cake is losing St Louis last night with a fractured face. Must be at least 10 weeks out with a bad facial injury:mad: and he is on the cant cut list:mad:
    Yea, that is unlucky, the guy had a near 500 consective game streak. However, there is no need to drop him. As soon as he is moved to the IR and Yahoo change his status you will be able to place in the IR spot on your roster and pick up a replacement ;)

Claude Giroux out indefinately :( Any ideas when the Flyers will move him to the IR so I can rejig my roster?

I need Ovechkin to step and be the player I drafted him to be...

St Louis is still DTD and not IR, I took a risk with Semin and he hit me with a -3. To top it off my leading scorer Michalek is DTD now, its only Goaltenders keeping me in the games at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

St Louis is still DTD and not IR, I took a risk with Semin and he hit me with a -3. To top it off my leading scorer Michalek is DTD now, its only Goaltenders keeping me in the games at the moment.

Yeah I dropped Semin. Hes been awful this season

isn't there a bit more to the Semin story?

Or has it been resolved?

He doesn't get on with the new manager so he isn't getting his game (last I heard).

Caps don't want to trade him as they will end up eating his large salary, so he is destined to sit it out in minors?

Could be wrong...

If he does come back, it's a shrewd acquisition

He is line 1 and getting around 20 mins a game which is why I took the risk. I will give him a week or two to see if he clicks.

To top it off my leading scorer Michalek is DTD now
    He is down with concussion so could be out indefinately...

• Advertisement

185271.jpg

Top 20 Performers in the Boards.ie League To Date.

Advertisement