Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out Of The Blue Infection?

Options
  • 08-09-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I have snakebites done - both by different piercers. I've had some minor problems with growth on my inner lip, but the newer piercer (after I caught an infection) pointed out I had changed down to nickel bars and they were the problem. He also suggested rings for the growth problem, and gave me titanium rings (grade 3 I think). Within a day of changing and using BPA, there was no more pain and the swelling on the infected side started to go down. That was about three weeks ago.

Recently, as in the last day or two, I've noticed my lip seems to have swollen a tad, and inside my mouth at the entry points for the piercings is quite sore - one is oozing white (on the inside) and the other one just looks very raw (it's also the most painful, especially if the ring moves). There's minimal oozing on the outside, I've been cleaning it off with warm water mixed with salt, I brush my teeth three times a day normally and use non-alcohol mouthwash with BPA on the outer piercing. I don't know if this is an infection again or if it's just my body adjusting to the titanium/rings. Looking for a bit of closure/advice before I go back to see the piercer tomorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Hey guys, I have snakebites done - both by different piercers. I've had some minor problems with growth on my inner lip, but the newer piercer (after I caught an infection) pointed out I had changed down to nickel bars and they were the problem. He also suggested rings for the growth problem, and gave me titanium rings (grade 3 I think). Within a day of changing and using BPA, there was no more pain and the swelling on the infected side started to go down. That was about three weeks ago.

Recently, as in the last day or two, I've noticed my lip seems to have swollen a tad, and inside my mouth at the entry points for the piercings is quite sore - one is oozing white (on the inside) and the other one just looks very raw (it's also the most painful, especially if the ring moves). There's minimal oozing on the outside, I've been cleaning it off with warm water mixed with salt, I brush my teeth three times a day normally and use non-alcohol mouthwash with BPA on the outer piercing. I don't know if this is an infection again or if it's just my body adjusting to the titanium/rings. Looking for a bit of closure/advice before I go back to see the piercer tomorrow.

Is it a segmented ring or a ball closure ring? the reason I ask is when I switched to a segment after a BCR sometimes the segment would tear my lip when it passes through when I mess with it and make it raw and sore for a couple of days and it happens often enough because I always move it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Ball closure. My lip isn't sore at all at the minute, but if I purse my lips together or yawn it feels a bit bruised, but when I clean it with the cotton bud and water on the inside it's VERY sore - just identical to the kind of pain you get if you touch a mouth ulcer. It just seems weird that it's oozing on the inside and not the outside, and the newest piercing is 6 months old, so they're not new...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Update - My lip is swollen (not enough to make the rings tight though) but the skin around the lip rings, to the left and right, have gone white and seem to be trying to grow over the ring. The area right around each piercing is a dark red, hard and hot to the touch. I'm waking up in the mornings with both piercings covered in crust, but I don't have much oozing during the day. Skin under the lip ring right to the entry on the inside of my lip is madly raw, and it hurts a lot on both sides to move the rings at all. No pain or problems on the outside except for the crust. The pain from my lip seems to be spreading to my lower gum.

Any ideas or advice? I was warned by my piercer to keep them in to avoid causing an abcess, but I'm in a lot of pain!

Advertisement