Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling/Trading Games Back To Gamestop Or Xtra-vision?

Options
  • 08-09-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Just wondering if I'd get more from one or the other, anyone had any dealings selling or trading games back to Gamestop or Xtra-vision?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

In my experience, you get more from Game, then Gamestop, and then Xtra Vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

Thanks man, didn't realize Game took in games! 'Fraid I don't live near any of their stores thou! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

All these shops have a lot of random prices. some better than others depending on the game and some don't make sense so the only thing you can do is ring around your local stores and see who offers you the most.

Either that or get onto www.gamesnash.ie who have really good offers for trade ins and even pay your postage for sending them the game(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

For trading in newer games I rather xtravision. Normally for a recent game I would get about 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

try Smyths and HMV also, Gamestop offered me less than €20 trade for Harry Potter on Xbox, Smiths gave me €32.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I saw gamestop have something in their windows saying theyll beat any trade in price by €2. Im sure they find some way to never actually to it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If your close to a HMV then trade there for 2 reasons.

1. They offer great trade in value, whenever i compare them with Gamestop and Game, they always give me back at least 1.5 times what the others offered.

2. They have the best prices for new games so you can put your credit to use.

I always use them anyway, got 37 euro for deus ex and 17.50 for Zelda:Twilight princess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TheRealXenu

My advice is keep your games and not take the pittance the high street stores will offer, they will be sold then as used for fiver less then new price

I went see what would get for trading in goldeneye for wii verly nee, was offered fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Gamestop have an offer where you can trade in 3 games from a select list of 500 games, and you get a new release for €3.

The list is up here: http://www.gamestop.ie/500titlestradein

I used it a few months ago to get LA Noire. Traded in GTA4, COD4 & Splinter Cell Conviction

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

if I can get dead island for trading in RDR , Uncharted 2 and RDR undead nightmare..i'll jizz. it says selected new titles though..where can you see which titles do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 angust58

Anyone have any idea if these shops will buy DVDs from you as well as games?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

angust58 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea if these shops will buy DVDs from you as well as games?
    As far as I know Gamestop do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Cex does good DVD trade in :P

Advertisement