Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red heart traffic lights?

Options
  • 08-09-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

thought I was seeing things at first last week when I spotted the red light at Briarhill/Parkmore junction coming from Airport direction was a red heart!
    Then I saw another this morning at Monivea rd/Thermo King junction so Im not definately not imagining it!!
    Anyone else spotted these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johnnyk66

fifib wrote: »
    thought I was seeing things at first last week when I spotted the red light at Briarhill/Parkmore junction coming from Airport direction was a red heart!
    Then I saw another this morning at Monivea rd/Thermo King junction so Im not definately not imagining it!!
    Anyone else spotted these?

City council spreading the love:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

The were talking about it on Ray D'Arcy on Monday as he'd spotted while he was here. I think the consensus was that someone had coloured in the outline of a heart on the light with a marker, either for the laugh or as some sort of little sign post to lead guests to a wedding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I betcha it's that Sondra & Lloyd pair. Wonder if they are still together or how many litter fines they got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

snubbleste wrote: »
    I betcha it's that Sondra & Lloyd pair. Wonder if they are still together or how many litter fines they got.

ROFL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Haha, I mentioned this last week in the traffic chaos thread!!!
    Saw them at Briarhill and thought I was going mad....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 crunchiecarms

There's another red heart light at Liosban on the Tuam Road!! Is Galway going mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Someone spreading the love...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

What a whole light of love! :P
    Anyone got a picture of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Spotted them at Riverside lights as well

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Maybe they are starting to breed and pretty soon we will have
    ‘love heart’ red lights to admire at all the old roundabouts while we while away the hours
    sitting in traffic waiting for them to turn green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

Here's the one on Tuam near the Polish Foodland shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Here's one outside AIB at the Liosban Business Park which I think is pretty close to the one posted above!

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls8w7nhifh1qzgljto1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The lights are really upset at the amount of venom directed at them in the pro-roundabout campaign, and are trying to tell us that they love us, even if we don't love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Either the Lights are rising up against GCC or

http://www.iii.ie/news/8/2408-the-mock-wedding-of-des-perrit-ampb-annie-other.html

My Bets on the lights......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

We have "intelligent" traffic lights, so why not "emotional" ones? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

I was stuck behind a bus on way out to briarhill shopping center last week and I noticed that the brake light on the bus rear was also heart shaped!...anyone at all know why these are about the city?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'd say someone is doing it with a marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Creative and uplifting vandalism.

I dig it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i think this is a terrible idea, the slightest interference with traffic lights shouldn't be commended

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Aw here, they look cute and they still work fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

i think this is a terrible idea, the slightest interference with traffic lights shouldn't be commended

Stop! In the name of love.....

(couldn't resist)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Here's what someone stencilled on the lights in Westport

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14580%3Astop-the-lights-and-get-stoned&catid=23%3Anews&Itemid=46#.Tyqf3B_1BC8.facebook

3101_traffic-lights_290.jpg

Stop the lights and get stoned

Áine Ryan

SMOKING spliffs and cruising the cosmos is not what the many visitors to the heritage haven of Westport expect during their winter breaks. But, hey man, you would forgive those dudes who hit town early last week for thinking they had inadvertently landed in the hometown of some famous South American drug lord.
    Not only were the traffic lights decorated with symbols of the marijuana leaf but rather strange graffiti – believed to symbolise the leaf – was spotted also by our undercover photographer who naturally assured us he has never inhaled any illegal substance, even while in the pursuit of breaking news stories.
    Local sleuth, Inspector Joe McKenna also confirmed to The Mayo News yesterday that he was aware of the symbols on the traffic lights.
    “I saw the traffic lights and the symbols have since been removed.
    I believe that heart signs appeared around the same time on traffic lights in Galway city. The only concern we had was that they might distract motorists, ” Insp McKenna said.
    He assured The Mayo News that gardaí were not worried that the signs or the graffiti were the work of serious drug pushers.
    “I believe this was simply a prank and there is no need for anyone to be concerned,” Insp McKenna said.
    Phew! But what a buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

If they decide to do it at Garveys they are in for a surprise.

Advertisement