Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it true...

Options
  • 08-09-2011 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

is it true that UCD emails you if a general elective you signed up for is competitive?

"We will mail you nightly, to your UCD Connect email address, from 29 August, to tell you:
    • if you are 'competing' for elective places on the module(s) you have chosen"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

redvelvet wrote: »
    is it true that UCD emails you if a general elective you signed up for is competitive?

"We will mail you nightly, to your UCD Connect email address, from 29 August, to tell you:
    • if you are 'competing' for elective places on the module(s) you have chosen"

It certainly was the case at any rate. I remember getting e-mails like that a few years ago when I registered for an elective that was oversubscribed (they were all classed as general electives then).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 redvelvet

Niles wrote: »
    It certainly was the case at any rate. I remember getting e-mails like that a few years ago when I registered for an elective that was oversubscribed (they were all classed as general electives then).

oh really? but do they still do it this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Yep, I'm getting emails on a daily basis informing me of the status of the electives I chose

Siuin wrote: »
    Yep, I'm getting emails on a daily basis informing me of the status of the electives I chose

really???? how come i'm not getting any?? do they only mail you if your elective choice is full?

redvelvet wrote: »
    really???? how come i'm not getting any?? do they only mail you if your elective choice is full?

PM sent- you should be getting these daily emails too, but it's probably just a computer glitch. And nope, they email you whether your choice is full or not

• Advertisement

wth, i haven't received any :(

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

I only have a language as my elective which is at the applied language centre or w/e, should I have gotten an email about that?
    I don't think there's much demand for Japanese 3 so I'm not exactly worried about getting a place..

._. wrote: »
    I only have a language as my elective which is at the applied language centre or w/e, should I have gotten an email about that?
    I don't think there's much demand for Japanese 3 so I'm not exactly worried about getting a place..
    Yep, you should be getting emails too- I took Arabic in the ALC last year and got daily emails

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Siuin wrote: »
    Yep, you should be getting emails too- I took Arabic in the ALC last year and got daily emails
    Great.. :\

Who should I email about this?
    I'm so screwed if I don't get Japanese 3..

same!!!!!! i applied for japanese level 1. maybe ALC doesn't send out emails anymore?

yeah, who should I contact about this? I'm sooo screwed if I don't get these electives

• Advertisement

Don't worry!! Just write a message on the UCD registry wall if you have facebook, or email the student desk.

Plus, I don't think there will be too much demand for Japanese 3, so you're pretty safe :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I definitely got an e-mail. I was one of the first to register (when they assigned us times, I had 8am) and I registered to Quantitative Analysis for Business, and I got an e-mail on the night of the next day saying that there was 11 people registered, and 2 general elective places (it's a first year module, and the first years hadn't even begun registration yet!). :eek:

I changed it to Calculus of Several Variables though, which was in-programme so I *think* I definitely have it now, as it says Confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Tara_Rxxx

Both my electives are oversubscribed...i dont know what i'll do if i dont get them :( both are languages...

Also, when i first picked electives i wasnt sure and just picked what i thought was right, but i have changed one of them since but on the email from UCD the elective i dropped is still showing up?
    And the email is also giving me a warning saying that the elective i dropped is clashing with one of my modules? But if i dropped it how could it clash?

Its all so confusing

Advertisement