Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA query

Options
  • 08-09-2011 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

hey there, i was recently in canada and came home at the beggining of july, i signed back on July 7th, i have since got accepted into a fetac course but am worried i won't be able to recieve btea as it states u must be on jsa for 3 months/78 days exclu sundays, i coutned up my days nd it seems im 13 days short...does anyone know if i hacve a chance of reciving it or what else can i do if i cant get the btea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

I know my friend was a month short of receiving the BETA this year for college and couldn't get it, don't think they will let anyone cut corners these days

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

well in my opinion it is a load of bull**** if i cant recieve something, would they rather i sit on me hole gettin the same amount of money as im recieving now other than go back to education, something really wrong with this country if thats the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭eaglej13

hi get on to a local td and talk to them, i would still apply and if i was refused get on to the td again.they will force it through force it through for you. best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 34 leannejoshua

BlueBaron wrote: »
    hey there, i was recently in canada and came home at the beggining of july, i signed back on July 7th, i have since got accepted into a fetac course but am worried i won't be able to recieve btea as it states u must be on jsa for 3 months/78 days exclu sundays, i coutned up my days nd it seems im 13 days short...does anyone know if i hacve a chance of reciving it or what else can i do if i cant get the btea?

I was 8 days short of the 78days and I received a letter 2day saying my application was successful !!!

If if turns out ur not successful you can always apply for the student grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Hi OP,
    I looked for BTEA in August 2009 to go to college, I had been on a 3 day week since April before and full unemployment since June. I was refused BTEA and had to defer the course for a year.
    Hopefully you will be successful with your application.

• Advertisement
Advertisement