Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile Mobile Broadband - The worst sales team ever

Options
  • 08-09-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been trying to buy an Emobile Bill-pay dongle online but have been frustrated at every attempt to get the dongle off them and start the deal.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I an exception?

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I ordered the dongle online.
    I sent 3 emails but got no reponse.
    I called 5 times to be told on 4 seperate days that it was dispatched, in the post and I'd get it the next day - still waiting.
    I was told on 1 occasion after being on hold for over 10 mins that there must be an admin problem, they'd check it out and call me back. It took them 24 hrs to call me back to say there is a problem and they are awaiting an upfront deposit from me (after sending an email stating there wasn't any upfront payment). I queried this with the customer service person who said she would check it out and come back to me - 24 hrs later, still waiting.

If there is a deposit I don't mind paying but I don't get the delaying tactics, it is like they really want me to say "cancel the order altogether" - it is like an anti-sales unit.

If buying online, they should be informing me of this deposit when I place the order - even take it off me then - not get me to chase them up day after day to see what the hold-up is.

Sorry if that sounded like ranting...well it was I guess but I had to vent my annoyance somewhere as they ain't listening or will just fob me off in Emobile.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You need the midband forum for mobile internet, this is for wireless. (I won't call it broadband because its not, on here its known as midband)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to eircom forum. The e-mobile reps may be able to look into this for you.

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

WLSM wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been trying to buy an Emobile Bill-pay dongle online but have been frustrated at every attempt to get the dongle off them and start the deal.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I an exception?

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I ordered the dongle online.
    I sent 3 emails but got no reponse.
    I called 5 times to be told on 4 seperate days that it was dispatched, in the post and I'd get it the next day - still waiting.
    I was told on 1 occasion after being on hold for over 10 mins that there must be an admin problem, they'd check it out and call me back. It took them 24 hrs to call me back to say there is a problem and they are awaiting an upfront deposit from me (after sending an email stating there wasn't any upfront payment). I queried this with the customer service person who said she would check it out and come back to me - 24 hrs later, still waiting.

If there is a deposit I don't mind paying but I don't get the delaying tactics, it is like they really want me to say "cancel the order altogether" - it is like an anti-sales unit.

If buying online, they should be informing me of this deposit when I place the order - even take it off me then - not get me to chase them up day after day to see what the hold-up is.

Sorry if that sounded like ranting...well it was I guess but I had to vent my annoyance somewhere as they ain't listening or will just fob me off in Emobile.

Hi WLSM,

Sorry to hear about that.

Would you be able to PM me your sales order number and i'll check this out for you?

Thanks,

-Steve

Advertisement