Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foster the people. Olympia November 28

Options
  • 08-09-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Originally scheduled for the Academy and sold out this morning, one of the most popular E.P bands, it has been upgraded to the Olympia and it goes on sale tomorrow at 9am. €19 plus nice booking fee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

I have tickets (I got them when they were academy Tickets). Does anyone know where does this now leaves me with regards to Sitting/Standing etc in the Olympia as I want to get more tickets for more friends who now want to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

I have tickets (I got them when they were academy Tickets). Does anyone know where does this now leaves me with regards to Sitting/Standing etc in the Olympia as I want to get more tickets for more friends who now want to come?

On Facebook, someone asked about that and MCD said "Yes all Academy tickets are valid for Olympia standing!". Hope that answers your question!

So excited for this now, their show at Electric Picnic was amaaaaazing. Gonna be my first time in the Olympia too unless another gig I want to go to comes up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

so will it just be seated tickets available tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Was there even tickets at 9am?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bad Robot

I thought not but just tried again and got 2. circle tickets still available now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

I think I'll pass on the seating, cheers though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bawnieboo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

keep checking on www.toutless.com for tickets is your best bet though there's probably a good few ahead of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Potatofarl

Does anyone know who is support for this gig? and what time its kicking off? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciaran2054

Potatofarl wrote: »
    Does anyone know who is support for this gig? and what time its kicking off? :)
    Hi Potatofarl, the support this evening will be a band called Zulu Winter. Doors are open at 7pm, Zula Winter on stage at 8pm and Foster the People will be on a 9pm.

You're welcome.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 downsouth

Anyone looking for a ticket?

Have one standing to get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

How much? a pal of mine only has a seating and is looking for a standing tkt

recyclops wrote: »
    How much? a pal of mine only has a seating and is looking for a seating tkt

€22 would make me part with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yeah he will take it from ya cheers. pm me the details and will sort it out thnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ondeball

Some gig. Very impressed at how a band with just one album managed to put on such an entertaining set.

The lighting along would have justified the €21 cost.

Nothing like a bit of crowd surfing as well.

ondeball wrote: »
    Some gig. Very impressed at how a band with just one album managed to put on such an entertaining set.

The lighting along would have justified the €21 cost.

Nothing like a bit of crowd surfing as well.

Yeah I was wondering where he disappeared to before he reappeared at the back of the stage.

Some version of Pumped up Kicks. Hopefully they get signed for EP rather than Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

downsouth wrote: »
    Yeah I was wondering where he disappeared to before he reappeared at the back of the stage.

Some version of Pumped up Kicks. Hopefully they get signed for EP rather than Oxegen.

They played EP this year. One of many highlights for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

super gig. like someone said above, very accomplished set for band with one album.

great buzz on stage, yer man's a gerat performer. band excellent, jumping from synths to guitars and percussion (they love their aul percussion dont they). great crowd too and damn catchy tunes - ticks all boxes really eh?

was worried they mightn't live up to the EP euphoria, especially on a dank monday night etc. but they nailed it. one o the best monday nights i've had in a while anyway.

Advertisement