Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Project 2012

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 derekmurr

okay guys dcg tomorrow. one question. im nearly done output 9. how many pages are needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

derekmurr wrote: »
    okay guys dcg tomorrow. one question. im nearly done output 9. how many pages are needed?
    Er, weren't your projects supposed to be handed up by now? Like, since February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

I lol'd so hard at this.

Question though guys, did you give a backup CD to your DCG teacher in case the the one gets broken or lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

This has to be trolling. :P

Yeah, I gave up 2 CDs. One is kept in the office in school :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

If you're actually being serious you can kiss goodbye to 40% and your teacher can probably kiss goodbye to their career. It's an offence for a teacher to allow work to continue after the 20th of January of this year
    Project Work
    All project work must be the candidate's own unaided work. Any incidence of suspected copying, improper assistance from another party, plagiarism or procurement of pieces prepared by another party will be thoroughly investigated and the candidate is liable to have penalties imposed as provided for in the Rules and Programme for Secondary Schools. The penalties include loss of subject, loss of the entire examination in all subjects, and being debarred from the Certificate Examinations in subsequent years.

There may be serious consequences for any other party involved in improperly assisting a candidate as the Education Act 1998 provides for certain criminal offences in relation to the conduct of the examinations.

This would count as "Improper Assistance"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Lynchy747 wrote: »

If you're actually being serious you can kiss goodbye to 40% and your teacher can probably kiss goodbye to their career. It's an offence for a teacher to allow work to continue after the 20th of January of this year
    Project Work
    All project work must be the candidate's own unaided work. Any incidence of suspected copying, improper assistance from another party, plagiarism or procurement of pieces prepared by another party will be thoroughly investigated and the candidate is liable to have penalties imposed as provided for in the Rules and Programme for Secondary Schools. The penalties include loss of subject, loss of the entire examination in all subjects, and being debarred from the Certificate Examinations in subsequent years.

There may be serious consequences for any other party involved in improperly assisting a candidate as the Education Act 1998 provides for certain criminal offences in relation to the conduct of the examinations.

Work was allowed to continue until the 14th of Februray if I remember correctly. I think it was because the packages were sent out late.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Lynchy747 wrote: »

Project Work

Work was allowed to continue until the 14th of Februray if I remember correctly. I think it was because the packages were sent out late.

Apologies, yes and due to the late issue of exam numbers. Still it was June when the original reply was posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

We were never told that! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Togepi wrote: »
    We were never told that! :eek:
    To be honest most teachers want their students to be finished well within that time, there is nothing worse than stalling and messing around until the very last date. I know when I'm teaching myself I'll aim to have everyone pretty much done by Christmas so I can actually focus on the course for the second term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Cydoniac wrote: »
    To be honest most teachers want their students to be finished well within that time, there is nothing worse than stalling and messing around until the very last date. I know when I'm teaching myself I'll aim to have everyone pretty much done by Christmas so I can actually focus on the course for the second term.

Yeah I completely understand why they didn't tell us, if one of us knew then every DCG student in the school would have found out, and a lot of them barely finished their projects, or just left loads out. Some of them pretty much did the bulk of what they handed up over the last day or two before the January deadline. They probably wouldn't have done any more even if they had until June to finish them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement