Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Project 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

How many pages are people putting in output 1?. Just one? or two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Faber Castel

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    How many pages are people putting in output 1?. Just one? or two?

I did this....

Output 1 -- 1 sheet

Output 2 -- 2 sheet

Output 3 -- 1 sheet

Solidworks -- 3 sheets

Photo-realistic Images -- 1 sheet

Output 7 -- 2 sheets

Output 8 -- 1 sheet

Output 9 -- 3 sheets (still have to do this)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Downing

I am after doing a full page on a timeline and another page addressing the shape/form/material/theme/target market etc. part. I feel I have addressed all the terms of the brief in the second page. my teacher said it was good... How do ye think I am fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mag_red286

hey all
    just wondering if anyone elses teacher has told them that all extrudes, sketches, fillets etc on each individual componet/parts has to be renamed?? :(
    turned our classroom into caos when we found out as many of us are a fair bit behind!! im considering not doing it as i dont think its worth that many marks!!

mag_red286 wrote: »
    hey all
    just wondering if anyone elses teacher has told them that all extrudes, sketches, fillets etc on each individual componet/parts has to be renamed?? :(
    turned our classroom into caos when we found out as many of us are a fair bit behind!! im considering not doing it as i dont think its worth that many marks!!

I have to rename mine too. But apparantly if ya go renaming parts they get messed up :(
    This project is just pissing me off sooo much!!

• Advertisement

I have to rename mine too. But apparantly if ya go renaming parts they get messed up :(

Our teacher told us we just have to rename the features of the parts not the sketches.It doesn't mess up the parts, its only when you rename the part that is already in an assembly then the assembly cannot find the part and it gets messed up! I wouldn't not do this as your just throwing away marks. I haven't done this either yet but it took a lad in my class only a few hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Faber Castel

Yeh this whole renaming business is total bull****, what effing difference does it make whether the sketch is called "First Extrusion" or "Extrude One". I'm running out of things to call my features...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Maeveonnaise

What a boring project title! Managed to slug my way from Output 1 to Output 8, only the Solidworks for part B to do now.

QUESTION: Where do we list our references? Back of the project or on the compact disk? Do we even need to list our references? It says nothing about it on the brief..

I've listed all my references on it's own page on the very last page of my project. In fact, it's the back cover of my project. It took me forever to complete as I had so many photos in my project and didn't take down where I found them as I went along.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Maeveonnaise

What are the majority of people doing? Are you designing your own bottle or improving an already existing bottle? Everyone in my class decided to design one from scratch as it would be very difficult to improve one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mag_red286

Downing wrote: »
    I wouldn't not do this as your just throwing away marks. I haven't done this either yet but it took a lad in my class only a few hours!

throwing away how many marks though?? realistically its probally not worth that many. it might only take a few hours but to be perfectly honest i havent got a few hours!! :(

• Advertisement

What's everyone doing for the environmental sustainability part??

^^^ :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

^^^ :confused:

Output 7 - Well spotted Downing.
    Analysis of brief and graphical illustration of
    possible solutions. Justification for chosen
    solution(s) including aesthetics, functionality and
    environmental sustainability

Hadn't seen this before, surely if it's in the brief it'll be worth marks. What do you think they even mean? Is it a review of the materials you'd use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 gar.ie

for both sketching pages, any ideas what alse to do other than just the bottle slapped in the middle of the page

Output 7 - Well spotted Downing.
    Well spotted is right.
    What would one do for that part?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shlong

DONE. FINITO. BOOM Can't even begin to describe the sheer ecstasy of it all. Environmental sustainability... Just spoke how about how the materials were suitable for the environment and that basically, they won't break if the bottle's dropped. Couldn't see what else it could mean :/

Im not near finished yet FML

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

shlong wrote: »
    DONE. FINITO. BOOM Can't even begin to describe the sheer ecstasy of it all. Environmental sustainability... Just spoke how about how the materials were suitable for the environment and that basically, they won't break if the bottle's dropped. Couldn't see what else it could mean :/

Can the bottle or parts be recycled?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Caseybah

How many free-hand sketches should we put in Output 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Murphy92

Can anyone tell me can the powerpoint be done at home?! I know that the Solidworks has to be done inside school times or under supervision! Please help, thanks!

• Advertisement

Murphy92 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me can the powerpoint be done at home?! I know that the Solidworks has to be done inside school times or under supervision! Please help, thanks!

Ya the Powerpoint can be done at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Caseybah wrote: »

Doesn't the teacher have to sign something to say it was all done in school under teacher supervision? I don't think your allowed do it at home but I think most people do it at home anyway.

GarIT wrote: »
    Doesn't the teacher have to sign something to say it was all done in school under teacher supervision? I don't think your allowed do it at home but I think most people do it at home anyway.

Well ya they do but unlike the SolidWorks the examiner has no way of checking when the powerpoint was done!

How are people managing to fill up the second page of compare & contrast?? its the last page I have to do and it looks very empty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

How are people managing to fill up the second page of compare & contrast?? its the last page I have to do and it looks very empty!

On my first page I have the 2 bottles and then a full sketch of each. On the second page I have more zoomed in and focused sketches. Sketch the cap etc.

Edit: BTW just started on mine today lads :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm looking forward to seeing some of these in the future!

Right question lads, the portfolio has to be a maximum of 14 pages, does this include:
    1. The front page where I have pictures of the solidworks models, place for exam number and the title ?

2. The back page where I have the references and links i.e google etc ?

Another question. Can the sketches be done on a page, cut out then glued on anther sheet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Murphy92 wrote: »
    Caseybah wrote: »
    GarIT wrote: »

What fupping powerpoint?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

What fupping powerpoint?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The booklet, these guys just chose to do it in powerpoint, I'm doing mine in publisher, others use photoshop. Rest assured you don't actually have to do a powerpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 antok93

is it not a word document?

Advertisement