Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Fitting in Clare

• 08-09-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been discussed here already, I had a quick search but could only find one Thread on bike fitting in clare/limerick, and that seemed to list bike shops as against Bike fitters. I completed the Etape Hibernia a few weeks ago and have had pain in my knees ever since. My knees were sore for the last 1/4 of the cycle, but nothing was going to stop me, even when bruises started showing on my knees.
    Anyway, with the pain still there i decided to go to the Physio yesterday, he has pointed out a few problems with my legs in general, but has said that I really should get my bike fitted by a professional before I go back out on another long cycle.
    I haven't asked around yet, but I know I havent seen any signs in the local bike stores advertising the service. I hope someone on here has some experience of a service they could recommend in either Clare or Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭carrielou

I dont know how good or anything but I believe there is someone in Killaloe over the bike shop there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

johnam wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been discussed here already, I have a quick search but could only find one Thread on bike fitting in clare/limerick, and that seemed to list bike shops as against Bike fitters. I completed the Etape Hibernia a few weeks ago and have had pain in my knees ever since. My knees were sore for the last 1/4 of the cycle, but nothing was going to stop me, even when bruises started showing on my knees.
    Anyway, with the pain still there i decided to go to the Physio yesterday, he has pointed out a few problems with my legs in general, but has said that I really should get my bike fitted by a professional before I go back out on another long cycle.
    I haven't asked around yet, but I know I havent seen any signs in the local bike stores advertising the service. I hope someone on here has some experience of a service they could recommend in either Clare or Limerick

Planet Tri in Killaloe. Haven't got it done yet, but I hear good things about their service. They do evening fittings as well, I think.

EDIT: bruises on your knees during the cycle? You sure your knees weren't hitting off something?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭johnam

Nwm2 wrote: »
    EDIT: bruises on your knees during the cycle? You sure your knees weren't hitting off something?

Physio says it is from my knee cap moving where it shouldn't and this caused a small amount of bleeding. When I say bruises, they were no bigger than €2 coins. The bruises were just on the top inner corner of my knee caps (mirror image on each knee), and weren't sore to touch or anything like that, but they were sore to move... still have a dull pain in them now, and a popping sensation when I get back up from a squat position.

A colleague of mine was in that tri-shop in Killaloe recently, don't think he got his bike fitted though, I will ask him if they offered the service, and give them a shot if they do. Will let you know what I think after it is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

Take a trip up to Galway to James O'Donnell, his bike fit setup is very impressive. I got it done myself and have only positive things to say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭byebye

Take a trip up to Galway to James O'Donnell, his bike fit setup is very impressive. I got it done myself and have only positive things to say about it.

Hi

Any idea of a price for fitting? would be great to get done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

byebye wrote: »
    Hi

Any idea of a price for fitting? would be great to get done
    Best to contact him as he's got a few different pricing options depending on what you're getting done, how many bikes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭plumber77

Got my bike fitted by the 2 lads in Killaloe,Tri-Planet.very happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

What kind of money was involved with the tri-planet fitting??

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭plumber77

Sorry about the delay in replying.They actually done mine for free as I had just bought a bike there.But I'm sure I heard €70 mentioned somewhere during the session.Was well impressed with my new set up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

Liam Collins in Cycling Pursuits in Patrickswell has a computerised system for settiny up your bike. He used to charge about €60 in times past but not sure what he charging these days. If you were buying a few other bits Liam is fairly reasonable about overall bill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement