If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD player / DAB tuner / iPod dock

Options
  • 08-09-2011 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a CD Player / DAB & FM Tuner / iPod Dock. It will be connected to 2 ceiling speakers so I don't need speakers (I can always just not use any supplied speakers).
    It will sit on a windowsill which is about 24cm deep so it can't be too big.

On a quick look on your .com site the PURE Sirocco 150 looks good but others are fine too.

As always, price is critical !!

Do you have anything suitable?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Steve.

Unfortunately the Pure Sirocco 150 is now a finished line and won't be coming back in again.

The Philips system sounds much better and is slightly cheaper.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/mini-hifi-systems/philips/dcb146/phil-dcb146

Let me know if this suits and it looks like it will fit the shelf too.

ATB

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭steveq

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that.
    I would be a bit concerned about the sound volume on that. It only has 2 x 2w output according to the spec.
    I will be using it in a kitchen / living room which is quite a big space.

The Sharp XLDAB20NH with 2 x 25w would be more suitable, I think.
    Is it available?

Regards,
    Steve

Hi Steve.

Unfortuantely that Sharp model is a clearance line and not one that I can get in.

What size is the area as all of these little units might not have the power to fill it ?

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

The area is around 40 Sq M.
    I have 2 x 80W ceiling speakers -- one at either of the room.

Mostly we will just be listening to the radio (talk & music) and occasionally listening to CDs and iPod.
    There's no need for the ground to shake from the power though!!

Thanks.

Hi Steve.

That's quite a large room for some of the little micro systems to cope with and if you have 80 watt speakers, you will need to be pushing at least 20 - 30 watts to each to have a reasonable listening volume.

Could you cope with this : http://www.richersounds.com/product/mini-hifi-systems/onkyo/cr545/onky-cr545-blk

I can do our last one of these which is brand new and boxed for £139.95.

If you can fit this in, this would definately cope with that size of room.

Let me know if it's a goer !

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Dave,

Looking at the physical dimensions it won't fit but I see your point with everything else about it.

I am happy to go with it and I'll find a new location in the kitchen (apparently the windowsill may not be 'appropriate' anyway according to herself!!).

Thanks.

Hi Steve,

Very sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

Has anyone been in touch about getting you this unit? If not PM me your number and I'll be in touch asap. Sorry again.

Regards.
    Chris

Hi Dave,

I got it on Thursday, hooked it up to speakers and it sounds great :).

Much appreciated and thanks.

Regards,
    Steve

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.