Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Logistic Corps lance corporal jailed for rape

• 08-09-2011 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Jonathan Haynes, aged 30,a soldier in the Royal Logistics Corps jailed for 11 years but was warned he may never be released after 6 counts of rape. Anyone else think he should serve more than 11 years, I think the Military should come down harder on him aswell

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/soldier-jailed-raping-teenagers-144029459.html

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

We wasn't on military duty at the time, the crimes happened on the civilian street, it seems reasonable that the civilian judicial system alone should be deemed appropriate.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

He is not longer serving so Military justice does not apply.(Dont know when he left/discharged)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

Dogwatch wrote: »
    He is not longer serving so Military justice does not apply.(Dont know when he left/discharged)

sadly he still is - well, his CO is probably ramming the SNLR paperwork through Glasgow right now.

it used to be that a soldier got SNLR'd when it became clear that they were a bad'un, regardless of where they were in the charging/trial process, but ALS decided that if they were SNLR'd between charge and trial, that could prejudice the trial as the jury would think 'well, the Army think he's guilty as sin, and they know him best...', so we have to hold off a bit now.

its bad publicity, and mud sticks, but i suppose its fairer to the individual involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭johnny_doyle

He joins L/Cpl James Lang, Royal Logistics Corps

http://couchtripper.com/rapedbysoldiers/?cat=112

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Jesus, I don't like that website at all. These are all civil cases, and collating all those who happen to be in the armed forces is pretty sickening.

How about doing it by teachers, politicians, salesmen and builders too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

There's a bad apple in every basket. No doubt the various authorities decided the best way to deal with.

Those that had better info than us decided his fate.

Its now historical - dust off move on.

discus wrote: »
    Jesus, I don't like that website at all. These are all civil cases, and collating all those who happen to be in the armed forces is pretty sickening.

How about doing it by teachers, politicians, salesmen and builders too?

have to agree with you there. Someone with a gripe no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Don't get me wrong - it's a good idea, particularly for highlighting how much of this goes on in combat zones in places such as africa, where it's not unusual for rape and pillage to happen on a daily basis. But when it's people at home, it's just someone who has a gripe against armed forces in general. Some of the comments made on that site include closing lines like "another person who was aiming on being a thug for the government". Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

...Some of the comments made on that site include closing lines like "another person who was aiming on being a thug for the government". Strange.

shows you how fcuking thick they are as well - if you wanted to be a thug, you wouldn't join the Really Large Corps.

now, if you wanted to stack blankets, serve slop and see if you could get to a 40'' waist...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Bring back the RCT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Don't get me wrong - it's a good idea, particularly for highlighting how much of this goes on in combat zones in places such as africa, where it's not unusual for rape and pillage to happen on a daily basis. But when it's people at home, it's just someone who has a gripe against armed forces in general. Some of the comments made on that site include closing lines like "another person who was aiming on being a thug for the government". Strange.

It's a person who has a hatred of the armed forces, is ignorant as fúck of the armed forces and this is their only way of achieving "one over" the military. As Os put it perfectly, if you want to be a thug on the government's payroll, the last thing you join is the Logistics.

Still a sick f*ck and deserves to be put down. Whoops there goes the brain to mouth gate again.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

**** me thats a brutal collection right there. What kind of "work" do they think their actually doing with that? Wonder if the folks on arrse know about that particular wiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OS119 wrote: »

now, if you wanted to stack blankets, serve slop and see if you could get to a 40'' waist...

Hay woo there, less of the personal abuse :mad:

/Pats belly post Sunday fry up!.

Wonder if the folks on arrse know about that particular wiki

I Doubt they'd give a toss really.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

I'd imagine so but a few lads might know some of those mentioned, be interesting to see what they'd make of it anyway

RLC chat up line ....

"Does this smell like chloroform to you?"

Advertisement