Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanical Engineering Part-Time

• 08-09-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hello All

I am considering attending CIT starting 2012 to do the ordinary degree in Mechanical Engineering, I already have a higher certificate in Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering from a few years back obtained at LIT so would gain entry through that route. As I have been working the last few years I am trying to decide if it would be better to do the course full time over one year while working weekends or to attend part-time over three years while working full time.

If anyone has done this course or similar part-time over three years I would like to hear how you found it, I am thinking working full time with evening classes and course work it could become very full on and take over your life, or perhaps others found it very manageable.

I enjoy going to the gym and playing rugby at the weekends and spending time with family, so I would like to know if these can still be enjoyed taking on the course part-time.

Cheers
    Col

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

With the part time aspect if you take on any decent amount of modules it will mean giving up serious time one your weekends etc, my cousin did it and towards the end coming up to exams and project deadlines he was up at 7am on sat and sun to stay on top of it all , and to give himself a few free hours in the evening.
    Personally i would bite the bullet and go back fulltime and concentrate on getting good grades.

Advertisement