Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom feilds in wordpress

Options
  • 08-09-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I am building a site for a client in WP. I would like to make the updating of this site as easy as possible for the client without them having to go near any html what so ever. The site is a static site with no blog. WP only seems to offer you one wysiwyg input field. To make it easier for my client to update different sections of the page I would like to have more than one wsyiwyg editor for each section of the page. IE I would like #column1 to have its own input wysiwig and #column2 to have its own. And also to have a separate one for an image at the top of the page. Is this possible at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

very possible. the most basic way to code it would be to just take the text area, copy it, create a new one under it for the second column or what ever.

create a div for each column, open it before the text in box 1, close it after box 1, open it for box 2, close it after box 2. Add them together as the one entry to the database. That way your client only sees the editor, but the code behind it will go into the same database field and be displayed in the seperate div tags.

im sure there are other ways to do it using plugins etc, but im only playing with wp a day or so.

Advertisement