Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting across town?

Options
  • 08-09-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I gotta be in Salthill, past the camp-site there at 9am tomorrow morning, I'll be coming in the motorway from Athenry side. Anyone have an inkling how long this might take and what time I should leave to be there at 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'd suggest avoiding the quincentennial at any rate - roadworks.
    Maybe go around Loch an tSaille and up by the docks and out that way?
    I don't drive, mind, so my advice should be taken with a pinch of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

8.15 ish? depends how fast you drive:p Plus, traffic in the city will prob be a balls! u going far past salthill caravan park?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Definitely leave at 8am, if not at quarter to 8, to get there on time. Chances are you'll get caught in traffic coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Definately give yourself an hour at least, traffic is absolutely cat the last few weeks with roadworks and all the school traffic is back now too.

I'd second driving via the docks, new bridge and taylors hill are jammers around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

No matter which way you there will be traffic, although once you get to the city there shouldn't be much traffic on the way out to Salthill. I'd aim to be in town at around 20 to 9 anyways, it won't take you longer than 10-15 minutes to go from there to Salthill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PennyLane88

Traffic is cat this weather - be prepared to sit in traffic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

I gotta be in Salthill, past the camp-site there at 9am

Just give the oul Hiace plenty of welly and you'll be grand boss. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tasha200

My advice, go to headford rd roundabout, go dyke road, get to hospital cross road, go through st marys road, down into lower salthill....
    You need to be at the black box on dyke road at 8am to be sure that you will be where you have to be by 9am
    I am the queen of galway traffic ninjas, take my word x

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mollie Breathna

OP,
    Curious to know how that worked out for you and what sort of time it took.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

OP,
    Curious to know how that worked out for you and what sort of time it took.

Still on the road...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 FreedomRevived

Sorry wasnt around all weekend, turns out I didnt have to go in on Friday and had to go in Saturday morning instead. So have no idea how long it would have taken me. And no point saying about Saturday or Sunday as their always quite. But thanks for all the info given.

Advertisement