Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Q. when did Ireland last have 2 world Cycling Champions?

• 08-09-2011 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

A. Today Colin Lynch and Mark Rohan at the Para worlds in Copenhagen....

Well done!

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Fantastic - well done to both, but I'm particularly looking forward to a report from our very own Paralympic Cyclist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

thats brilliant news. well done to the guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 The Lucan Collective

Three - Orla Hendron from Orwell is still reigning Champ

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭full gas

make that 4 , single speed world champ. niall davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

Well I will be asking the CEO to get them all together in a room and take a family photo wearing all their jerseys. We could do this at the Champions dinner which is in Dublin this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Paralympic Cyclist

Hi all! It's been a while. Been off preparing for this day... and it has been worth the wait!

Yesterday was a near perfect day for me - and I am pleased as can be to have achieved my season goal of winning the World's!

It helps to be rooming with Mark as his good luck seems to rub off on me!

Rest day today, but hoping to do something special tomoro in the Road Race. I'll be back soon enough to let you know how it went!

Thanks,
    Colin

PS. - the original question was when did Ireland have two CYCLING Champions!?

(Could be 3 later today when the tandems do their thing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

PS. - the original question was when did Ireland have two CYCLING Champions!?

(Could be 3 later today when the tandems do their thing)

Not 4 then, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Reported here: http://www.rte.ie/sport/cycling/index.html

BTW, rte.ie went cycling crazy for a change yesterday with 5 articles :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Not 4 then, no?
    Err no - 5 actually ....

And if you want to see these guys in the flesh at next year's paralympics, tickets went on sale today

Catherine Walsh and Fran Meehan have taken bronze in the tandem - well done ladies

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    Catherine Walsh and Fran Meehan have taken bronze in the tandem - well done ladies

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=MTYyMDk&ObjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=NzI5OTc&LangId=1

Not another World Champion, as he already is one, but another Gold Medal for Mark Rohan in today's road race - another great result

Well done to Mark - becoming double World Champion today.

I raced after him in the late afternoon, but could only manage 6th place. In a crash-filled race, I managed to stay out of trouble and up with the leading group, but made a few tactical errors and ended up falling off the pace in an exposed section of the course and found myself isolated.

I dropped back to the next group of riders and took the sprint of our small group - securing a few extra qualification points for London.

Last up tomorrow will be Cathal Miller in the C5 road race and the 2 sets of Male and Female tandems in their road races.

A good World's overall for me and looking forward to a hard winter of training on the track and preparing for the Track Worlds in February now.

And if anyone happens to know of a bike or equipment sponsor looking to take on a World Champion, please drop me a PM. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

From broadsheet.com

90234548.jpg?f22064
    Ireland’s most successful World Championship cycling team, bottom pic from left: Mark Rohan, Catherine Walsh and Fran Meehan this afternoon home from the UCI ParaCycling Road World Championships in Roskilde, Denmark. The Irish Paracycling Team won three golds and a bronze and secured qualification points for next year’s Paralympic Games.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I miss all the fun when I have to fly back to a different airport!

Advertisement